New life imminent:new body/mind/spirit required

Options
Hello,

I am new to MFP, but not new to the gain/loss experience. The pounds really pack on when you have your eyes shut tight to pain and disappointment. On the 30th of April I decided to pry open my eyes. If my marriage is about to collapse, then what better way to gain strength and confidence than by getting control over my body. If I can push thru the challenges and setbacks of losing weight, then maybe I won't fall apart so badly while I gather the courage necessary to survive. My kids are counting on it. So Instead of handing more money over to others to help me lose weight, I thought I would try this little program. So far, it seems to be working. A different frame of mind seems to be helping too. Plus I'm telling myself that if I'm the only one who notices a weight loss, then that's ok.....it still counts! I also thought that instead of holding myself accountable by telling my friends about this, I would hold myself accountable to a group of total strangers. Totally logical. :tongue: So here it goes again. I wish everyone who has taken this step forward to create a better life for themselves great success.

Replies

• rnnayna
    rnnayna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! Lost 20 pounds 2 years ago, while my husband lost 40 and most of that weight went to his head. He thought he could do better than me and walked out on me and my 2 year old daughter a year ago. So after that I put the weight back on then some. Depression and stress wreaks havoc on a body and I was no longer motivated to do anything about it. I weighed less the day I went in to labor with my daughter than I did a month ago. I was disgusted with myself. So far since I have started really making the effort about a month ago which included starting MFP, I have lost 10 pounds and have enjoyed every minute of it! I need all the encouragement I can get, and would love to also give encouragement!! Good luck to you!
  • carloc
    carloc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I hear what you are saying. Been using this site for two months and mentally what a big difference. Add me to your friends list, very one can. I try to say something positive as much as I can.

Good luck implies chance in our success, so instead work hard at it and stay true to yourself.
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I started getting healthy 2 months ago and a month ago ended my marriage - you can get through this tough time and keep the healthy habit going :)