Having a hard time..

Options
The past couple days have been really hard on me emotionally, and my eating and exercise habits have not been great. Does anyone have any tips that are healthy when you're having one of those days? (for me its been a week though, blah!) Running used to help, but I'm not getting any happiness out of anything lately. What do you guys do?

Replies

• ginamastandrea
    ginamastandrea Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do something that you love that doesn't revolve around food or if it does a healthier version. I go thru ups and downs constantly
    I have always used food to fall back and comfort me. When I started MFP I got on anti depressants (wellbuertin) which the side effect is loss of appitite, so for me it was a win, win situation. I don't want to always have to be on them but for me it helps me with my attitude and helps me thru this emotional time with losing weight. I know this isn't right for everyone, just wanted to share what helped me. I have lost 42lbs on MFP and 10 pounds prior and have 15 more to go to goal. I hope you can find what works well for you and use this and get support when you need it we are all here for you!!
    You can do it!!
    Gina
  • Moxylein
    Moxylein Posts: 52
    Options
    I know these days, I've had several of them in a row recently. What I did was doing a lot of sports, and not only stick to running, but also do some other stuff, like Zumba, it always makes me smile again. Perhaps going out with some friends just to get distracted?
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    I agree. Try something else than you usually do. When it comes to running, do you remember to vary your route? To try some interval training? Maybe find someone to run with? I run alone, but I recently started to bring my dog. She´s going to get out anyway, I might as well bring her (my husband don´t like that I run alone...)
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    When I slip, I like to do something different. I used to run, but then I got sick of it and felt totally unmotivated to do it, so I switched to bicycling and elliptical. I'll also try a new food for something different, like cruise the vegetarian stuff or see if I can find a new fruit or vegetable that I've never tried before. Don't worry, you'll get back into it! :happy:
  • bean2729
    bean2729 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I usually take a day to myself and take a really long walk to think about what i can do next. It clears my mind and allows me some relaxation as well! I always resort back to yoga. It keeps me destressed, happier, and its a great workout too!
  • treehugger215
    treehugger215 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your tips and support everyone, it really means a lot to me <3