Need something new for lunch!

Options
Helllooo all!

I am soooo bored of what I am eating and I need to change it up a bit! I normally have chicken salad or chicken on crackers or tuna on either! I am thinking of a nice sandwhich but OH with what on?

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!:happy:

Replies

• torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Sushi is a good lunch option if you ate buying out. Not particularly low calorie but very filling.

Rice cakes, Ryvita crackerbreads are good alternatives to bread. A lunch box with some Ryvita, some hummus and some carrots and peppers is to me a great meal but rather plain to some.

Try some more daring salad flavours as well, mix it up. Mango and crayfish salad is a nice one, but vary the vegetables as much as the meat.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat english muffin, 2oz turkey breast, 1 laughing cow original (spread onto muffin), and a tablespoon of dried cherries (stick them on the cheese spread onto your muffin). Its sooo good! Quick, easy, and portable! Around 235 cals.
  • Iriska17
    Iriska17 Posts: 8
    Options
    Soups are always great! Brie, apple, red onion is a refreshing combo for a sandwich. Adding herbs makes a difference: terragon goes well with tuna, egg and grated cucumber (this can get soggy very fast, so if you can ahead, cucumber can be sliced or omitted). Salmon cream cheese, tomato, capers can be good (and not only on a bagel!).
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I always struggle with what to make for lunch, particulary to take to work. It normally ends off being what I've had the night before, I usually cook a bit extra.

And at home I'm even worse :( however I had scrambled egg & smoked salmon on Friday and that was gorgeous :)

Good to know I'm not alone in lunch problems I also find I want to snack more at work than I do at home.
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Good idea PM, I get graze boxes only once a month but they are very nice they come with full nutritional breakdown & you can select online the kind of things you want so you could 'bin' anything that's a bit high for snacking.
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! WOW! I am gonna head to the shops and get some of these for the weeks lunch! Today it shall be Sweet potato in cubes with cottage cheese some spices and coriander! Its wet and cold in Cape Town today! Warm lunch is gonna be good!
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have Psoriasis too and as a result i eat wheat free most days so its all on rye bread :) Delish!