Newbie from Ireland :)

Hey folks, just started on MyFitnessPal, hope to see some good results! If anyone has any tips for me on how to stick with my diet and exercises, please share! I always start and then give up about a week later.

Thanks,

Michelle

Replies

• rjlam326
    rjlam326 Posts: 16
    Hi Michelle

Welcome aboard. The key is baby steps. I've just signed into MFP as well but not new to losing weight and exercising. Take it one day at a time and you will succeed. Add me as a friend if you wish.

Liliane
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Top of the morning to you::drinker:
    Welcome!
  • sgall123
    sgall123 Posts: 133 Member
    Hi... I'm from England but my family all in Ireland.... Love this site so easy to lose & stick to it.. I've lost 8lbs in 4 weeks... Good luck
  • TinaLucan
    TinaLucan Posts: 16 Member
    Hey, I'm in Dublin...good to see more Irish on here!
    Only been on a week and already am starting to see changes :-)
    I'm the same as you, always starting diets and giving up, this really seems
    to be working for me though!
    Good luck!
  • nmullins81
    nmullins81 Posts: 35 Member
    Get some friends that will hold you accountable and that you will feel guilty if you don't log in. Also set your diary to where your friends can see it so if you have a rough spell they can give you a little kick in the butt IF you go off track. If you would like to add me- feel free.
  • Thank you, i will send you a friend request
  • motivation and a get yourself a great group of friends on here....I do, and let me tell you they help me throw my darkest days, and keep me on track:) Good luck on your journey, and stay focused and don't give up!!!!!
  • Get a group of friends! Having someone to cheer you on with every inch loss or lb loss or healthy meal or whatever... makes the world of difference! I've never managed to "diet" before, but this isn't the same. I've stuck with it since January, lost 8lbs (good few inches) and put on some muscle.

I'm from Ireland too, feel free to add! Happy to help, advice, encourage, etc :)
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    I'm from across the irish sea, welcome. Lost 42lbs with MFP as support. Huge credit must go to the folks on here. Good luck, add me if you like.
  • dawnmarie57
    dawnmarie57 Posts: 53 Member
    Welcome! This is a great place to start your weight loss journey! Such an easy site to navigate and lots, and lots of support and great ideas!!! Good luck:)
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Hi Michelle,

Welcome aboard. I've been using this for the last 10 days and it prooves to be useful! Amazing support on it and lots of suggestions...plus when you keep track of everything going in your gob you tend to turn your nose up to things that are going to ruin your day :)

I'll send you a friends request!

My partner and I are both using it and we're both in Ireland as well!
  • hi all, I'm also a newbie from ireland, lost alot of weight on my own, but needed MFP to help motivate and kickstart the loss of the last stubborn few pounds.
    Hope everyone is having great success.
    Loving the site and people on here, very inspirational.