This better be worth it!

Options
So, went to the gym yesterday and used a couple of new machines - the ab crunch and I think either the reverse crunch or back extension or something.

Neither felt like it was doing much whilst I was working out - but today, oh wow!

My mid-section hurts like I don't know what! So glad I've decided to do alternate days at the gym, because today I'm fit for nothing, especially anything that involves moving!

I hope this is worth the painful muscles.

So, which machines at the gym do you really feel the day after?

Replies

• Antioxidote
    Options
    Bench press, squats or lunges and abs (sometimes). Any muscle you havent worked in a while will be sore for a day or two after your workout. Dont get discouraged, Drink plenty of water. Eat some simple carbs and lean protein an hour after your workout and get back into it harder the next day (or the day after, if you're REALLY sore) It will all be worth it in the end, when you're looking in the mirror and seeing the results you want. It will happen, it just takes time.
  • LollipopViolet
    LollipopViolet Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, squats! Great for my legs, but somewhat painful for a while after.

I need to start doing those again, I've had a break from the gym for a while because of deadlines, and when I was going regularly, I was managing a 45lb squat, which for a girl of 5'2 and made mostly of flab, I think, is pretty good going!

Had to use the squat rack for it though, couldn't lift 45lbs onto my back safely!

It's like with swimming, if I've not done that for a while, that makes me ache, especially in the chest muscles from doing breaststroke.

Right, I'm getting back on the ab crunching machine tomorrow, it'll hurt, but it'll be worth it in the end!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    None. I don't use any machines at the gym. I use free weights only.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Where your pain with pride. You deserve every second of it.

Look up a program called stronglifts 5x5. It's a great program for lifting.
  • LollipopViolet
    LollipopViolet Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Well, I got back on the ab machine, and surprisingly don't ache as much even though I upped the weight :happy:

Also got back in the squat rack :love: which fills me with all kinds of joy, although my legs are sore today, but it feels good to be back in the weight room.

My form still needs work though.