Options
ls_66
ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
finishing up season 2, great show

Replies

• SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Me, me! Son loaned us Season 1, just finished. Debating on whethter I need to subscribe to HBO for the second and future seasons or wait for it to come out on DVD.
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    great show but I would wait until Spring when Season 3 comes back....
  • 1985Andy
    1985Andy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yup, I love it.

Gutted that a certain person's last episode was the last one of series 1 though (trying not to do a spoiler)
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    I love Game of Thrones! I am reading the books now. I finished the first one before the second season came out, then I was reading the second book in sync with the second season. Now I am on the third.

I love love love Tyrion.
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    We are watching the first season now and I'm on the second book. The books are fantastic!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the books and watching the series at the same time. I'm so happy for the series because the book is very hard to follow, So many characters and kingdoms. I read first and then watch, it makes it easier to follow.
    I really love it. I even got my daughter to watch with me, that's a first.
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've read all the books, now I'm in the middle of season 1. Just got HBO so I hopefully will be all caught up soon!

I think the books help a lot with understanding more of the characters!
  • willy0524
    willy0524 Posts: 1,897
    Options
    I love Game of Thrones! I am reading the books now. I finished the first one before the second season came out, then I was reading the second book in sync with the second season. Now I am on the third.

I love love love Tyrion.

The Imp is the best, especially when he slapped that fuk Geoffrey. Gonna wait till the end of season 3 to start reading the books. Have to get to know who the characters are in the show before I start reading.
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I saw the first season, then promptly read the first 3 books. Took a break. Watched season 2, now going to go back and read books 4 and 5. Amazing books and I think that so far the show is a really good adaptation.
    All I have to say about my fave character is....
    182888434838192603_WubMAqma_f.jpg
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    It was weird reading them at the same time because I would watch the show and go "wait a sec, that already happened!" But nope, just me remembering what I had read in the book or vice versa. It got a little confusing for a bit there.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I am, though not right now as season 2 has ended weeks ago... 10 shows is just not enough.... I need to read the books to see what happens to the twit Joffery.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I'm getting confused with the second book and the second season. Doesn't seem to be following the same way the first book did. Is it just me or is it different? It is a tough book with all the mini stories, kingdoms, names within the whole story. I think I should have just read the books before I watched the show. Love it though.
  • glengiles
    glengiles Posts: 147
    Options
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    season 2 was not as good.