Wow.

Options
So I've never really stuck with something like this before. And now, before going off to college, I'm still trying to spend time with friends, work two jobs and do this all at once. So far I think, for once, I'm doing great. It's only been a week and I pushed myself to weigh in this morning... and I lost 3 pounds! I'm actually really proud of myself and and determined this week to continue the success. I'm just scared that during this past week, maybe I measured wrong or ate too little, and that's the only reason why I lost weight. I guess I just need some motivation for the rest of this journey and some friends to maybe be there for the ride?

Replies

• amykins514
    amykins514 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! 3 pounds in a week is fantastic! It can be hard finding time, but it's so worth it in the end. Also -- don't second guess yourself!! Be proud of what you accomplished, don't eat too little (shoot for your calorie goal), move more, and you'll get to where you want to be. Feel free to add me if you'd like another fitness buddy! :)
  • kaylovluvz
    kaylovluvz Posts: 32
    Options
    3 lbs is really good for a week. Just keep your head up and it will all go in a good direction. Good luck on your journey!!
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    you will lose more weight for the first week or two then settle into a steady but slower loss.
    Don't give up when you don't keep losing that fast

stick with this for the long haul

Your logging will also improve with experience. You have to guess a lot at first till you get the swing of it
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Read through the forums for some really solid advice. Don't get caught up in the drama. But know that you are learning (we all are) on how to eat healthy and not DIET!! Diet sets you up for failure down the road because of the deprivation.

You will learn to make healthy choices. Its not that you cannot have ice cream and cookies- but if you do, then you are not getting all the nutrition you need to fuel your body, unless you go over your calories- then you will add one pound for every 3500 calories you go over-- Conversely, you will lose a pound by creating that 3500 calorie deficit in whatever time frame you decided on.

Work at it, stick with it. Carry it on your phone to college.. you can buck the odds and not add weight if you just make good choices about food, portion sizes, and activity level!!!
  • TaylorJadey
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :)