Who eats a BIG breakfast?

Options
While Ive only been at it a couple months, I've found that eating a big breakfast helps so much in keeping me from snacking and feeling deprived...i honestly dont know how ppl do it who just have a bowl of cereal. I mean i'm all for doing whatever works, tho :) i'm just curious, who else consumes half or more of their calories at breakfast?

My fave breakfast right now is a half a cup of eggbeaters, some chopped mushrooms and a bit of onion sauteed in Pam, and a quarter to a half a cup of Trader Joes soy chorizo (SO good), AND a Quaker Oats Real Medleys oatmeal with half a banana and a cup of Silk vanilla coconut milk. I end up nicely full but not stuffed. I eat this at around 9-10 am, and start to feel hungry around 7 pm, and have dinner around 9 pm, usually a lean cuisine or a piece of fish and some veggies.

Anyone else eat a big breakfast? If so, what do you have?

Replies

• mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I like to eat a good breakfast. Right now I'm loving the refrigerator oatmeal. My breakfast today is 500 calories (including fixed up coffee). I'm a morning person and I've always been a breakfast eater and a bowl of cereal just doesn't cut it for me!
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my heaviest meal of the day!
    Because I workout every morning and hence way too hungry after my workout I almost eat 400-500 cals on every normal day.
    I have protein shake, 1toast or sometimes oat meals sometimes cereals and coffee and boiled egg whites or may be peanut butter (to treat myself when I do heavy workout) and so many different things :)
  • pierremignon
    pierremignon Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've heard breakfast should be the heaviest meal of the day, but I don't know how true that statement is. I eat bread or cereal or oatmeal for breakfast (since I'm extremely lazy to fix something appetizing for breakfast) but I get hungry like two hours after that.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I don't usually have a big breakfast , but it consists mostly of protein. My staple for breakfast pretty much every day is two egg whites, turkey on a whole wheat wrap w/ Sriracha hot sauce...............along with my daily coffee (i use sugar free dairy creamer). That holds me over for a few hours until my first break work.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    When I lift in the morning I have a big breakfast, three eggs, some cheese toast and god willing bacon. Normally followed by a piece of fruit like an Orange or a peach.

During the work week i stick with a cup and a half of Kashi cereal with Almond Milk, an orange and a cup of coffee.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Define big?
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I eat around 500-600 calories for breakfast especially on lifting days. I love, love, love breakfast and all breakfast food. Favorite meal of the day for me.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Define big?

I think the breakfast i described in my first post is pretty big-eggs, chorizo, mushrooms, oatmeal, half a banana and a cup of coconut milk. It feels big to me, anyway :)

I should also mention that i try to have protein and a bit of fat at breakfast. I couldnt have a big breakfast that was all carbs. The protein and fat really help me feel full and satisfied. I do usually skip lunch tho-i think of my morning mealbas an early brunch in a way i guess... And i just dont feel hungry til dinnertime.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I eat around 500-600 calories for breakfast especially on lifting days. I love, love, love breakfast and all breakfast food. Favorite meal of the day for me.

Me too. I especially love real eggs, but theyre a once a week splurge, most off the time its eggbeaters. Although ive heard lately that its ok to eat eggs a few days a week, i have a hardtime bekieving it...
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I like to eat big breakfasts because I find that when I eat a breakfast that leaves me feeling stuffed I only crave small amounts of food for the rest of the day.
  • packergirl2007
    Options

Me too. I especially love real eggs, but theyre a once a week splurge, most off the time its eggbeaters. Although ive heard lately that its ok to eat eggs a few days a week, i have a hardtime bekieving it...

What's wrong with real eggs?