Ab Exercises at the Gym

Options
I go to a small gym, Snap Fitness, they have all the basic equipment and then circuit training machines. I'm doing HIIT sprints on the treadmill when I first arrive then I follow up with strength training. This usually includes squats, benchpress, barbell row, back extensions, lat pull down, curls etc. I am having trouble with my creativity for working my abs, on the back extension machine the muscles "worked" are supposedly your core but i honestly feel it more in my legs, I don't know if my form is off or what (i'm following the photo to start and finish) but I just don't feel my abs being worked.

To finish my rambling do you guys have any suggestions to target ab work? I'm trying to lose the rest of my belly fat (currently at 135 working towards 120 i'm 5'2") and get some serious definition in my stomach legs and arms. Any help is seriously appreciated :happy:

Replies

• ijiiii
    ijiiii Posts: 61
    Options
    Here's a good list of exercises and videos for you to try out:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/exercises/abs.html

Remember that a lot of exercises it's best to do slow reps. If you do it fast, you'll end up using momentum to do whatever your doing instead of the actual muscles you are trying to strengthen.
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • runningk919
    runningk919 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Here's a good list of exercises and videos for you to try out:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/exercises/abs.html

Remember that a lot of exercises it's best to do slow reps. If you do it fast, you'll end up using momentum to do whatever your doing instead of the actual muscles you are trying to strengthen.

Thanks for the advice; I'll check out the video ASAP and try them out tomorrow morning :D
  • Ripcode
    Ripcode Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    To finish my rambling do you guys have any suggestions to target ab work? I'm trying to lose the rest of my belly fat

Ab specific excercises won't help you lose belly fat.