Advice for a new runner ?

Options
I'm a new runner. Graduated from C25K a week ago.
Now I'm struggling because I don't have those structured runs/goals.

I am running a 5k July 8 - color run! and I am worried I won't be able to run the whole thing. I've ran 3x since Tuesday and all 3 times were not great. Today I only managed 1 mile - though I hit it in 8:01 - and then ran and walked another .66 miles due to a bad cramp.

How do I stop these cramps? I try to run through them and it just hurts so bad.

I drank 20oz of water before my run. Usually I eat a banana or something but didn't today.

I'm feeling blah about this - I finished C25K with a vengeance. Only had to repeat 1 day.

Give me your stretches, your secrets, what you eat, and how much you drink before your run. Please.

I love running. I am so happy I found it - but it is not fun to experience cramps and not be able to complete 2 miles.

Replies

• Spence_
    Spence_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Slow down!

You should be aiming for a ten minute mile as a beginner - 8 m/m is much too quick. Just run as slow as you need to to complete the whole distance. It might feel TOO slow, but with time you can gradually work on your speed.

The cramps will be because you're running too fast and possibly running too soon after eating? Try to leave at least an hour after eating; preferably more if you can. And make sure your breathing is steady and using your whole lung (i.e try not to shallow breathe). The cramps will eventually lessen and go away as all the muscles holding your organs in place get stronger and more used to bouncing around with the impact of running!

Sorry for extremely rushed reply :)
  • Spence_
    Spence_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Also - how soon after drinking 20oz do you run? That much water would give me a cramp! You really don't need that much and if you're only running 5k, you could probably get away with just drinking when you get home (assuming you're drinking enough throughout the day etc).
  • Tridave
    Tridave Posts: 2
    Options
    I can't find the study, but having too much food or fluid in your stomach is pretty much a guarantee of getting a side stitch. Stay hydrated throughout the day (clear pee) and you shouldn't have to drink a lot of fluid before you start save that for after. If you start doing longer runs you will want to start experimenting with hydration and nutrition stratgies but for a 5k you really shouldn't have to worry about it during your run.

To stay motivated, run other 5Ks, once you done one you probably won't have too much trouble staying at level to do them fairly regularly. You're profile has you in Philly, you should have not trouble finding a 5K every week to plan for if you want (http://www.phillyrunners.org/) . Trust me, there are people just starting out there and most veterans in run clubs are eager to help new runners learn about the sport.

Just don't try to push for too much too fast. Your cardio will tend to get into faster shape then your joints. It takes some time for you body to adjust to the pounding. Find a store that can analyze your gait and your old shoes to see if you over or under pronate, that can cause a lot of discomfort over time.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You've gotten some good advice already about the water, etc. The one thing I can point out for you is that I read on the color run website that you have to walk through the color stations anyway, so you'll get little walk breaks anyway!
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I would run your 5K that you have planned, take it at a somewhat aggresive pace, but don't kill yourself. From there, since you'll have a baseline race and time established, you can launch into any number of training plans. I use SmartCoach out on runnersworld.com. It's free, it's also an iPhone app for those who may be snobby about using apps rather than websites. You put in a baseline event and time, a goal event and how rigorous you want your training to be. *BAM* out poops a training plan, complete with target paces, everything.

There's also a Bridge to 10k and Bridge to Half program developed by the coolrunnings guys (the ones who originated the C25K program everyone loves).

I agree with the other posters -- if it feels like it's too fast of a pace to maintain, it is. Your goal when exercising isn't to get done as fast as possible, it's to burn calories. Your goal when training isn't get done as fast as possible, it's to condition your body to compete. If you read training advice by any of the experts (Hal Higdon, Jeff Galloway, etc.) a majority of your training runs should be at a slow, easy pace. Only one run per week should include speedwork, i.e., intervals and tempo runs, which is work that, when you're finished, you'll know you spent everything you have. So, in the mean time, slow down, your body will appreciate it.
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    Congrats on finishing your c5k. I agree that you should pace yourself. Impressive speed you got going no doubt..but pace is key. I myself am a beginner in running and I tend to do best on a semi empty gut. Nothing in it for at least 1 hour before I run..
  • georgeaj2000
    georgeaj2000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    To build up your speed, stamina and distance try interval training (Fartlek training). Run as fast as you can for 50 yards and then your normal pace for 50 yards, then fast, then normal and then gradually build this up. You'll find that you'll increase all three relatively quickly.
  • camelid2
    camelid2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation myself. I kicked butt on the treadmill with C5K and am now scaling back to do trail runs-only 1.5 miles to start with since it is HILLY and have worked up to 2- 2.5 miles per run with a goal of 3 eventually. Slow, slow, steady progress is my mantra!
  • Stylegal
    Stylegal Posts: 9
    Options
    I usually do a lot of calve stretches, and leg stretches. Making sure you haven't eaten anything for atleast an hour helps as well. As for the 5k I wouldn't worry about it, I was super scared at my first and once your adrenaline kicks in you will breeze right through it. Just remember to pace yourself :)
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I finished C25K at the beginning of June and have now started 5K210K. I too need those structured goals. It took me 3 months to complete C25K and I signed up for a 10K in November. I should be able to make it by then LOL.

Also, I've heard at the Color Run (I'm doing it July 22) you might not be able to run it. I guess there are so many people you might not be able to run. I'm pretty disappointed by that and am considering selling my spot.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Agree but wilk reiterate:

Slow down!!!!

Did i say slow down?

Slow down.

Dont guzzle a bunch of water right before u run. That would give me cramps too.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Definitely slow down. When I was running at 6.7 mph, I couldn't go more than 15 minutes or so at a stretch (2.5 incline on the treadmill), but when I slowed down to 6.3, the first time I ran for 27 minutes straight. Find a speed that you can completely run the 5K in & then gradually increase your pace. Interval training helps a lot also.

If you eat something before you run, give it at least an hour before you run, and don't just hydrate right before you run, drink earlier & then have a little bit to drink about 10 minutes before you run. I copied & pasted this from another thread about preparing for races & it's full of great advice.

I've seen this question posted several times recently, so I thought I'd make a thread specifically with tips so others can refer to it later. After competing in triathlons, duathlons, and running races for over twenty years, I have learned a thing or two about having a good race and a bad race. I'm happy to share my experience with you first-timers to help you avoid any first-race logistic hangups.

First off, Congrats for signing up for your first race!!! If this is truly your first race, you may be both excited and nervous, maybe even afraid something catastrophic may happen. Rest assured, things will be just fine. Here are some tips to make that first race go a little smoother (other race veterans, please feel free to add to this list):

(3 TO 10) DAYS PRIOR TO RACE DAY:
    - If you registered in advance find out if there will be a packet-pickup date/location prior to the race day. Picking up your bib and goodie-bag in advance is a big help if you are new. You can also chat with the race volunteers about any special pre-race instructions or just answer questions (parking, headphones allowed, aid stations, course description, number of runners, etc.).
    - This is also the last chance to test out new equipment. You never want to try anything new on race day. The shorter races are more forgiving, but you don't want to be halfway into your first half-marathon to find out your new shoes hurt your feet or those gel packets make you nauseous. So practice with new gear well in advance of race day.
    - If possible, it's a good idea to drive the race course (if applicable). Personally, I always like to know what's in store for me: where is that monster hill, where is the turn-around, how many rolling hills are in store, and so on. Knowing the course intricacies can help you pace yourself, strategise, and just make that race more rewarding.

(1 TO 3) DAYS PRIOR TO RACE DAY:
    - (5k/ 10k) You really need not worry too much about planning an eating strategy to fuel up for a race this short. I would just make sure the 2 days prior to the race that you were drinking plenty of water and eating healthy.
    - (10+ mile race) You may want to top off your glycogen stores. There is a strategy to doing this that involves the 3-4 days leading up to the race (NOT just eating a bunch of spaghetti the night before), combined with short sprints the day before the race. For brevity, I'm not going to go into detail here about that strategy. That can be found elsewhere on the web.

DAY BEFORE THE RACE:
    - Avoid alcohol and greasy foods. Neither will treat you well on the race course. Stick to healthy foods.
    - Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
    - Do some light stretching.
    - There is some controversy about whether a day off is really necessary. So I'll just say since this is your first race, to take it easy the day before. An easy jog is fine, but I wouldn't recommend you trying to sneak in a hill run or LSD (long slow distance) run. Active rest is preferred.
    - Lay out all of your gear for the race: shorts, socks, shoes, sunblock, glasses, hat, radio (if allowed), race bib (on race belt or pinned to your shirt), outer layer, HRM and strap, watch, water bottles, and so on. You get the idea. You don't want to try to get organized at 4:30 in the morning.
    - If supplied, put your race timing chip on your shoe. Use the zip tie they provide so the volunteers can quickly cut it off at the finish line.
    - Have your breakfast already planned.
    - Plan to eat a dinner that won't tear up your belly the next day. This isn't the time to try out your mom's 5 alarm chili. You'll regret it during your run!
    - Go to bed a little early if you're not used to getting up that early.
    - It's normal to lay awake and fret about how things will unfold the next morning. Try to put it out of your mind, there is nothing you can do about it anyways.

RACE MORNING
    - Stick to a breakfast that you've eaten before a training run in the past. Try to eat about 1.5 - 2 hours before the gun sounds.
    - Start hydrating before you leave the house.
    - Drinking coffee (caffeine) before the race can help trigger a bowel movement. It's better to get it over with before the race if possible. It is reported that caffeine can be a benefit prior to a race. (From what I've read in numerous reports). But don't do anything on race morning that you haven't already tested on a training day.
    - Get dressed and get your gear loaded up. I like to bring a little ice chest with cold drinks for after the race.
    - Try to get to the race site at least 30-60 minutes early for small races and even earlier if there are thousands! Not only will the parking be better, but the port-a-potty lines will be shorter (and cleaner). You may also need to check in/ register if you didn't do so in advance. You CAN'T get to the race too early, but you CAN get there too late.
    - If you must hit the potty BRING YOUR OWN TP/ WET WIPES! Do not count on it being stocked. (lessons learned the hard way)

20 MINUTES TIL GUN:
    - Go for an easy warm-up run. They say "the shorter the race, the longer the warm-up". You don't want to be running hard and have a leg cramp up. This also gives you the chance to clear your mind of the race chatter, and settle any nerves. 10 - 15 minutes is good for a 5K/10K.
    - Hydrate a little more 10 minutes prior to gun.
    - Seed yourself properly in the race corral. Some races put up signs indicating where the 6 minute-milers should be, 7 minute-milers, 8, 9 and so on. The idea is that they don't want the slower people getting run over by the faster people. If this is your first race and you don't plan on running 5-7 minute-miles, just move yourself to the back half of the pack even if there are no signs.
    - Clear your watch/ HRM/ GPS. You want it ready to go once that gun goes off or when you cross the start line. You'll find in races with thousands of runners that it can take 5- 10 minutes just to get to the start line after the gun sounds.
    - If headphones are allowed, this would be the time to get it going. Personally, I love the sound of a race and have never listened to music in a race. Plus, even if they are allowed, you may want to know when someone's trying to communicate with you (to pass you, tell you that you dropped something, police directing traffic, etc.). A race is a social happening, and creates it's own music; enjoy it's rhythms.

BANG!!! GUN SOUNDS:
    - Your nerves will be heightened at this point, but will settle within the first couple of minutes of the run. It is vitally important that you NOT take off with the bunnies. Let them go. Stick to your own pace, and let the sprinters pass you. I have fallen into that trap during a few races, and found myself unknowingly running that first mile faster than I ever trained for, and unfortunately, paying the price later in the race (HR too high too soon). Stick to your pacing plan!
    - It is normal to get elbowed and even de-shoed in the first few minutes. Don't take it personal; you can't go from standing packed like sardines to striding and swinging arms without getting bumped into. Pay attention to your surroundings!
    - Depending on the size of the race, it may take a mile or more for things to spread out. Find an opening away from others, and stick yourself in it. There is something about other people huffing and puffing in your ear that can drive you crazy.
    - If you have to stop FOR ANYTHING (untied shoe, cramp, walk break), pull off to the far side of the race course before stopping. The same thing goes for blowing snot-rockets and spitting. The person behind you will appreciate it!
    - If it's a 5K, save a little in the tank for the last mile. (First mile is chaos, 2nd mile is for stabilizing, last mile is where you pick it up a little).
    - If you are running parallel to a sidewalk, choose the road if possible. Sidewalks tend to have too many obstacles, and ups & downs to deal with.
    - If you are in good running shape, during that last mile, pick a person 50 yards ahead of you and reel them in, and then do it again.

FINISH LINE
    - Run through it. Don't stop at the line; you want to keep moving because there will be hoards of people right behind you, and you don't want to get run over by the two buddies sprinting it out.
    - If you are using a race chip that you don't own, walk towards the volunteers so they can collect it.
    - Congratulate yourself for completing your first official race!
    - Spend 5 -10 minutes lightly stretching before you sit down. If you put your 'everything' into this race, you don't want to stiffen up or worse, cramp up.
    - Enjoy the post-race food & festivities, chat with other runners, and relax; you've earned it.
    - HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE!!!

Lastly, if you are a data-junkie like me, write down the details on the back of your race bib for future comparison (date, location, name of race, distance, finish time, overall place, age group place, gender place, average minute/ miles, and anything else you find significant). After collecting hoards of these, I just started putting them in a photo album.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I like having the structure of a program as well. I finished a deal similar to couch to 5k on January 1. I was going to do a 10k program after that but I just made up my own. I kept running on the same days I ran couch to 5k but I would set a time or distance goal for each day. On at least one of those runs I would add mileage and on one I would work on going a little faster. I've run one race a month (one of them a 10k) since then and am planning on a couple of half marathons late this year and next year. Also there are tons of different training plans available that will add structure to your running whether or not you are actually training for a specific event - I'm using Jeff Galloway's Easy 5K app to improve my 5K time right now even though I'm not planning to run another 5K until September or October.
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Side stiches are often caused by shallow breathing. When you feel one coming on, try to slow down a bit and focus on breathing all of the air out of your lungs so that you can make room for good air. In general, I find that focusing on my breath while I run helps me breathe deeper and I can run longer at a hard pace before getting fatigued.

As far as motivation, since you've already done c5k I would suggest finding a new training program online to mix it up a bit. If you google "intermediate training program 5k" there a lot of options out there. It's great that you can run an 8 minute mile, and you should continue running 8 minute miles if you enjoy it, but like others say you probably want to mix in some slower running that you can sustain for a longer period of time. So you probably want to find a program with a mixture of fast running some days and slower running other days, which will give your body guessing and will have enough variety that you won't get bored.

If you're not sure how fast to run your slow days, this is a fun tool: http://www.mcmillanrunning.com/calculator
    You plug in your pace for one distance (say a mile), and it predicts how fast you should be able to run other distances. I plugged an 8 minute mile for one mile, and it predicts that you should be able to run about a 9 minute mile for a 5k. So you might want to try running at a 9 minute mile for your slow runs.
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Also - how soon after drinking 20oz do you run? That much water would give me a cramp! You really don't need that much and if you're only running 5k, you could probably get away with just drinking when you get home (assuming you're drinking enough throughout the day etc).
    agree
  • Steve_Runs
    Options
    Definitely slow down. When I was running at 6.7 mph, I couldn't go more than 15 minutes or so at a stretch (2.5 incline on the treadmill), but when I slowed down to 6.3, the first time I ran for 27 minutes straight. Find a speed that you can completely run the 5K in & then gradually increase your pace. Interval training helps a lot also.

If you eat something before you run, give it at least an hour before you run, and don't just hydrate right before you run, drink earlier & then have a little bit to drink about 10 minutes before you run. I copied & pasted this from another thread about preparing for races & it's full of great advice.

I've seen this question posted several times recently, so I thought I'd make a thread specifically with tips so others can refer to it later. After competing in triathlons, duathlons, and running races for over twenty years, I have learned a thing or two about having a good race and a bad race. I'm happy to share my experience with you first-timers to help you avoid any first-race logistic hangups.

First off, Congrats for signing up for your first race!!! If this is truly your first race, you may be both excited and nervous, maybe even afraid something catastrophic may happen. Rest assured, things will be just fine. Here are some tips to make that first race go a little smoother (other race veterans, please feel free to add to this list):

(3 TO 10) DAYS PRIOR TO RACE DAY:
    - If you registered in advance find out if there will be a packet-pickup date/location prior to the race day. Picking up your bib and goodie-bag in advance is a big help if you are new. You can also chat with the race volunteers about any special pre-race instructions or just answer questions (parking, headphones allowed, aid stations, course description, number of runners, etc.).
    - This is also the last chance to test out new equipment. You never want to try anything new on race day. The shorter races are more forgiving, but you don't want to be halfway into your first half-marathon to find out your new shoes hurt your feet or those gel packets make you nauseous. So practice with new gear well in advance of race day.
    - If possible, it's a good idea to drive the race course (if applicable). Personally, I always like to know what's in store for me: where is that monster hill, where is the turn-around, how many rolling hills are in store, and so on. Knowing the course intricacies can help you pace yourself, strategise, and just make that race more rewarding.

(1 TO 3) DAYS PRIOR TO RACE DAY:
    - (5k/ 10k) You really need not worry too much about planning an eating strategy to fuel up for a race this short. I would just make sure the 2 days prior to the race that you were drinking plenty of water and eating healthy.
    - (10+ mile race) You may want to top off your glycogen stores. There is a strategy to doing this that involves the 3-4 days leading up to the race (NOT just eating a bunch of spaghetti the night before), combined with short sprints the day before the race. For brevity, I'm not going to go into detail here about that strategy. That can be found elsewhere on the web.

DAY BEFORE THE RACE:
    - Avoid alcohol and greasy foods. Neither will treat you well on the race course. Stick to healthy foods.
    - Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
    - Do some light stretching.
    - There is some controversy about whether a day off is really necessary. So I'll just say since this is your first race, to take it easy the day before. An easy jog is fine, but I wouldn't recommend you trying to sneak in a hill run or LSD (long slow distance) run. Active rest is preferred.
    - Lay out all of your gear for the race: shorts, socks, shoes, sunblock, glasses, hat, radio (if allowed), race bib (on race belt or pinned to your shirt), outer layer, HRM and strap, watch, water bottles, and so on. You get the idea. You don't want to try to get organized at 4:30 in the morning.
    - If supplied, put your race timing chip on your shoe. Use the zip tie they provide so the volunteers can quickly cut it off at the finish line.
    - Have your breakfast already planned.
    - Plan to eat a dinner that won't tear up your belly the next day. This isn't the time to try out your mom's 5 alarm chili. You'll regret it during your run!
    - Go to bed a little early if you're not used to getting up that early.
    - It's normal to lay awake and fret about how things will unfold the next morning. Try to put it out of your mind, there is nothing you can do about it anyways.

RACE MORNING
    - Stick to a breakfast that you've eaten before a training run in the past. Try to eat about 1.5 - 2 hours before the gun sounds.
    - Start hydrating before you leave the house.
    - Drinking coffee (caffeine) before the race can help trigger a bowel movement. It's better to get it over with before the race if possible. It is reported that caffeine can be a benefit prior to a race. (From what I've read in numerous reports). But don't do anything on race morning that you haven't already tested on a training day.
    - Get dressed and get your gear loaded up. I like to bring a little ice chest with cold drinks for after the race.
    - Try to get to the race site at least 30-60 minutes early for small races and even earlier if there are thousands! Not only will the parking be better, but the port-a-potty lines will be shorter (and cleaner). You may also need to check in/ register if you didn't do so in advance. You CAN'T get to the race too early, but you CAN get there too late.
    - If you must hit the potty BRING YOUR OWN TP/ WET WIPES! Do not count on it being stocked. (lessons learned the hard way)

20 MINUTES TIL GUN:
    - Go for an easy warm-up run. They say "the shorter the race, the longer the warm-up". You don't want to be running hard and have a leg cramp up. This also gives you the chance to clear your mind of the race chatter, and settle any nerves. 10 - 15 minutes is good for a 5K/10K.
    - Hydrate a little more 10 minutes prior to gun.
    - Seed yourself properly in the race corral. Some races put up signs indicating where the 6 minute-milers should be, 7 minute-milers, 8, 9 and so on. The idea is that they don't want the slower people getting run over by the faster people. If this is your first race and you don't plan on running 5-7 minute-miles, just move yourself to the back half of the pack even if there are no signs.
    - Clear your watch/ HRM/ GPS. You want it ready to go once that gun goes off or when you cross the start line. You'll find in races with thousands of runners that it can take 5- 10 minutes just to get to the start line after the gun sounds.
    - If headphones are allowed, this would be the time to get it going. Personally, I love the sound of a race and have never listened to music in a race. Plus, even if they are allowed, you may want to know when someone's trying to communicate with you (to pass you, tell you that you dropped something, police directing traffic, etc.). A race is a social happening, and creates it's own music; enjoy it's rhythms.

BANG!!! GUN SOUNDS:
    - Your nerves will be heightened at this point, but will settle within the first couple of minutes of the run. It is vitally important that you NOT take off with the bunnies. Let them go. Stick to your own pace, and let the sprinters pass you. I have fallen into that trap during a few races, and found myself unknowingly running that first mile faster than I ever trained for, and unfortunately, paying the price later in the race (HR too high too soon). Stick to your pacing plan!
    - It is normal to get elbowed and even de-shoed in the first few minutes. Don't take it personal; you can't go from standing packed like sardines to striding and swinging arms without getting bumped into. Pay attention to your surroundings!
    - Depending on the size of the race, it may take a mile or more for things to spread out. Find an opening away from others, and stick yourself in it. There is something about other people huffing and puffing in your ear that can drive you crazy.
    - If you have to stop FOR ANYTHING (untied shoe, cramp, walk break), pull off to the far side of the race course before stopping. The same thing goes for blowing snot-rockets and spitting. The person behind you will appreciate it!
    - If it's a 5K, save a little in the tank for the last mile. (First mile is chaos, 2nd mile is for stabilizing, last mile is where you pick it up a little).
    - If you are running parallel to a sidewalk, choose the road if possible. Sidewalks tend to have too many obstacles, and ups & downs to deal with.
    - If you are in good running shape, during that last mile, pick a person 50 yards ahead of you and reel them in, and then do it again.

FINISH LINE
    - Run through it. Don't stop at the line; you want to keep moving because there will be hoards of people right behind you, and you don't want to get run over by the two buddies sprinting it out.
    - If you are using a race chip that you don't own, walk towards the volunteers so they can collect it.
    - Congratulate yourself for completing your first official race!
    - Spend 5 -10 minutes lightly stretching before you sit down. If you put your 'everything' into this race, you don't want to stiffen up or worse, cramp up.
    - Enjoy the post-race food & festivities, chat with other runners, and relax; you've earned it.
    - HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE!!!

Lastly, if you are a data-junkie like me, write down the details on the back of your race bib for future comparison (date, location, name of race, distance, finish time, overall place, age group place, gender place, average minute/ miles, and anything else you find significant). After collecting hoards of these, I just started putting them in a photo album.
    well said from beginning to end!
  • Steve_Runs
    Options
    Congrats on finishing your c5k. I agree that you should pace yourself. Impressive speed you got going no doubt..but pace is key. I myself am a beginner in running and I tend to do best on a semi empty gut. Nothing in it for at least 1 hour before I run..
    exactly! great job!
  • kylTKe
    kylTKe Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yea, seems like you're just running too fast. The bulk of your training should be a high volume of slow miles. The old advice is to run at a "conversational" pace, meaning you should be able to talk easily without getting winded. You will benefit a lot more from running lots of easy miles than from running a few hard ones. As you build your aerobic base and become more efficient (and you will) your conversational pace will get faster, as will your race pace (and of course your stamina).

As for the side stitches, everyone has their own ideas. I'm sure you'll get a million strange pieces of advice. But, there is one thing I can say with some certainty: As you become a stronger runner you will experience them less and less. Good luck.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    ALL OF THE ABOVE!!

Also, I'm a huge fan of stretching so I do a pre-run and post-run yoga on DoYogaWithMe.com!! I love them!!

Also, don't do to much to soon, I learned this the hard way!! :)

Good luck, glad to see you finished to C25K!! Thats a great accomplishment!!
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    bump :) great advice in here that I know I will need later!!