Jackie Warner's Celebrity '10 in 10"--seriously?!

Options
Celebrity Fitness Trainer Jackie Warner has come out with a new book regarding the loss of 10 pounds in 10 days. For the most rapid results, she recommends cutting calories down to 950 and complementing this diet with five "intensity techniques" to lose the weight. The book has ways to continue losing weight for 30 more days after the initial 10 if more weight loss is desired.

http://shine.yahoo.com/summer-shape-up/celebrity-trainer-jackie-warner-8217-secrets-rapid-weight-200000347.html

The intensity workout looks like (hard) fun but the diet seems a bit insane! Plus the weight loss does not seem sustainable. Sure, one can drop 10 pounds in 10 days, but what about next week? Wouldn't that person have to continue the unhealthy diet of 950 calories per day? Could the body continue running on such a small amount of calories? This is borderline anorexic, and I am disappointed at Shine.yahoo and the NY Times for promoting such an unhealthy book and lifestyle change.

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Celebrity Fitness Trainer Jackie Warner has come out with a new book regarding the loss of 10 pounds in 10 days. For the most rapid results, she recommends cutting calories down to 950 and complementing this diet with five "intensity techniques" to lose the weight. The book has ways to continue losing weight for 30 more days after the initial 10 if more weight loss is desired.

http://shine.yahoo.com/summer-shape-up/celebrity-trainer-jackie-warner-8217-secrets-rapid-weight-200000347.html

The intensity workout looks like (hard) fun but the diet seems a bit insane! Plus the weight loss does not seem sustainable. Sure, one can drop 10 pounds in 10 days, but what about next week? Wouldn't that person have to continue the unhealthy diet of 950 calories per day? Could the body continue running on such a small amount of calories? This is borderline anorexic, and I am disappointed at Shine.yahoo and the NY Times for promoting such an unhealthy book and lifestyle change.
    Another scam.

You want life long healthy habits not some quick fix.
  • suzinc
    suzinc Posts: 3
    Options
    If you read the book, you would see that she follows up the first 10 days with additional plans, and a maintenance plan. Her theory is to KISS: Keep It Simple...Taking the guessing out of calorie or carb counting with a daily plan. The workouts and nutrition change for each stage of the plan.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    That kind of diet plan seems irresponsible on her part... I do, however, like her workouts, Jackie Warner One on One training.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    that diet seems very unhealthy and i can't believe she actually suggested it.