I LOVE MY QUINOA

Options
That's all I have to say! I call it my breakfast of champions!!! :love:

Replies

• krom862
    krom862 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love quinoa too!! I haven't used it for any breakfast-y type meals yet though, but that's next on my list!
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I love quinoa too!! I haven't used it for any breakfast-y type meals yet though, but that's next on my list!

When I make it for breakfast, I will cook it in half and half 1% milk and almond milk. Once it has soaked up the liquid, I usually add in half can of pumpkin (if using 1 cup dry quinoa). I add in brown sugar and cinnamon always. Possibilities from there are endless. I will add dried cranberries or berries. My most recent one I added blueberries, strawberries and bananas... Love it!
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! Does it retain it's texture, or does it get mushy?
  • jmdax
    jmdax Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Had it yesterday for the first time. While I was out on the patio grilling turkey breasts and asparagus, my daughter was making quinoa in place of rice for our dinner. Enjoyed it and will probably have it a lot more going forward. Have to ask her if she ever had it for breakfast.
  • josiereside
    Options
    That sounds great! Does it retain it's texture, or does it get mushy?

I kind of think it is mushy in general...
  • josiereside
    Options
    Actually, let me clarify, I second thought, when I compare it to a salad I make with it, the breakfast one definitely would be considered mushy whereas my salad has a different texture... mushy or not, I like it all ways!