ChaLean Extreme Started 06/24/12

Options
abouck
abouck Posts: 71 Member
I started ChaLean Extreme for the first time yesterday. Anyone else doing this program?

Replies

• karfar67
    karfar67 Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes Abouck! Started about 4 mos ago. Doing a hybrid of CE & TF (Chalene's Turbo Fire). I have never really followed a lifting program before and knew if anyone could get me to stick to it, it would be my 'buddy' Chalene. Have seen great results in a short period of time, but I put on muscle somewhat easy. I just joined MFP last week, because I have to start tracking my calories to lose a little more weight. If you have never really lifted before, CE might be a little shocking, but if you stick with it, you will start to become 'accustom' to the process. Good luck with it!
  • lala40217
    lala40217 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    yes! i started last monday... 6/18? i like it. its hard tho and scares me a bit cuz its so tough on my knees. how was your second day?
  • abouck
    Options
    According to the schedule today is a rest day. I plan on going strong till Saturday and that will be another rest day. I am sore today but in a good way. I can't wait to see some results!
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I started my second round today. I'm doing TurboFire for my cardio. I loved CLX the first time around. I'm looking forward to getting even stronger. I could not do a single full push up before I started the program. I'm very proud of my push ups now! :happy:
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I started last Monday. However, I am doing a hybrid between CLX and Turbo Fire, a schedule her sister Janelle created. So far so good, I'm looking forward to the results at the end of the 12 weeks.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm in my second week, but I'm also doing a combination of TF/CLX & half marathon training.
    This is my second round of CLX. First round I had incredible results. Hoping now that I've paired with more intense cardio, I'll have even greater results.
  • abouck
    Options
    I can't do a regular push-up only on my knees and I am very week. I am using 5, 8 and 10lb weights. I am very sore after day 1 and hoping I can push through Burn Circuit 2 tonight.
  • KathPearce
    KathPearce Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'd love to follow your progress........I am just starting my 2nd week of TF and I LOVE Chalene so I'm gonna look at doing the Hybrid next, if I make it through TF haha!
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I can't do a regular push-up only on my knees and I am very week. I am using 5, 8 and 10lb weights. I am very sore after day 1 and hoping I can push through Burn Circuit 2 tonight.

You can give yourself an extra day to heal if you need it. You won't be so sore after every work out as your body adjusts.

It took me until Lean to be able to do regular push ups. The knees version was not making me stronger so during Lean I started doing a variation on the full push up. That did the trick.
    I started last Monday. However, I am doing a hybrid between CLX and Turbo Fire, a schedule her sister Janelle created. So far so good, I'm looking forward to the results at the end of the 12 weeks.

I've been thinking about doing that hybrid. Do you like it?
  • KaraC2012
    KaraC2012 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am doing it for a second time just started yesterday as well, and I am doing Turbo fire for my cardio. It's a great program, you will love it! :):smile:
  • abouck
    Options
    Day 2 complete! The bowling lunges had me shaking on the first rep but I powered through. I really like it so far. We shall see how I feel tomorrow lol!
  • Kenzieb07
    Kenzieb07 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I started the CLX/Turbo Fire hybrid program last Tuesday... So far, loving it! I posted something last night showing 1 week progress -- never thought I would see such progress in 1 week but I think my body loves the switch from all cardio (the Turbo Fire program) to throwing in a lot of ab exercises & weights.

Would love you CLXers to add me as a friend! :)
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Yep! I'm doing a CE/ Turbo Fire hybrid. Not the official one though. I just doing the cardios this week to try to get my weight down a little more before I start lifting.
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! I'll be starting round 3 on Monday and I can't wait!!!! This is my summer program of choice! I can't wait to get lean again! This time around, I am going to stick to the program the way it's set out. I will be adding in a few days of extra cardio as I also teach Hip Hop Hustle and then have my fit club once a week so I figure that should be good! I'm getting very close to my goal and hoping this will do the trick!

I also have a support/motivational group on Facebook if anyone is interested in joining! The more, the marrier!
  • abouck
    Options
    Day 3 really kicked my butt! But I managed to finish and can't wait for Burn Circuit 3 tonight:)
  • brendabean1976
    brendabean1976 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started Monday as well, but I am doing a CLX and running 3xweek hybrid.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I did it twice back to back loved it so much :) have fun!!
  • shorty35565
    Options
    I'm going to start the official Chalean Extreme/Turbo Fire hybrid Monday. I dont have the advanced TF DVDs, but I do have the Deluxe CE, so I'll sub those in. I'm prob tweak the schedule a bit. I like to do abs 2 or 3 times a week. I might run on the circuit days, haven't decided yet.
    This week I'm sorta of hybriding the cardio from both programs lol
    Anyone who does either program, feel free to add me! Leave a msg with it & tell me u found me here!

I just realized I posted in this b4! I thought it was new! Whoops lol
  • shorty35565
    Options

U got this girl! I couldn't do a push up on my knees b4 Turbo Fire. Just keep trying & u'll b able to do 1 in no time!