Hi hi!

Options
Hello! I'm Stacy, I'm 22 and I'm 211lbs. My goal is to get to 140. I have tried all sorts of diets and what worked best for me in the past has been Weight Watchers... so if you have any recipes or tips, I'd love to share!

Right now I'm in the preparation stage of getting ready to lose weight: readying the shopping list, recipe hunting for interesting foods, researching different paths...

I gained most of my weight back when i started dating my boyfriend. We'd go out to restaurants and movies on our date, and he's a big food guy. I didnt want to be the girl who didnt eat anything or drink anything because I've been out with those types of people... its no fun!!! and its hard to be the girl who eats everything...only in small portions. Sooo... here I am today.

I just wanted to say Hi, and if anyone needs a buddy to keep them on track, I'm here. I've been there. And now we're about to start this all over again. :)

Replies

• gwainwright
    gwainwright Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Welcome. This site is ace and is working for me. I track everything I eat, so at to make sure I don't go over! I've been a bit of the opposite, no boyfriend so started eating and the punds crept on slowly but surely! But I'm back on track and want to get back into shape!

Sorry I don't have many recipe hints, but try not to keep much stuff in my cupboards so i don't end up picking, which really helps. I also keep a pack of water crackers in the cupoard, so that if I do want to pick at something, at least they're only 14 cals!!

Good luck with your journey and I hope you loose lots!!!

George :smile:
  • hedderlovesorcas
    Options
    Hi Stacy!

I'm Heather. I am 34 and I'm 212lbs. Five years ago I lost over 60pounds on Weight Watchers...and I totally agree with you that it works...unfortunately it costs a lot of money!...And when I lost the weight I never hit my goal I set with them of 150 which was the top of my range for my height (but not age...for my age I was supposed to hit 144) so I never hit life-time member which sure would have helped keep it off! I was very comfortable at the time at 155-160lbs and I thought I could keep it off without going to the meetings. Well, unfortunately life happened and little by little the weight has come back on...I am five pounds away from where I started Weight Watchers the first time...UGH!!! On Saturday I was at work (where I started AFTER I lost all my weight) and a co-worker asked me if she could talk to me about something without me gettting mad...I NEVER expected what came out...I mean...I knew I wanted to loose weight but never did I think other people would say something about it to me...she told me that she noticed that I have gained ALOT of weight and wanted to know if something was wrong...she went on about how little I was when she first met me 5 years ago and how she doesn't understand how I got so "heavy"! I know she meant well...she is concerned for my health...and I probably needed that to get me to this point I am at right now where I NEED to do something. So I spent my morning today looking for something that will help me. I don't have the money for Weight Watchers right now, but when I saw your post I thought maybe we can keep each other on track! This is very hard to do alone...and I'm gonna need someone for support!
  • spinningmango
    spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp:flowerforyou:
  • tacey21
    tacey21 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys! What a warm welcome!

Heather: Funny Story. I actually do the program without going to meetings. There's a family curse... we call it the "Hoffmeyer Heiney"... all of the women in my family have booty. And my aunts all did WW and the one who did WW and took salsa lessons beat the curse. Thats what inspired me to try :)

So! I have a handful of good resources we could certainly share. It really isnt that hard to do on your own. Having a support group is the most important. I'm so excited!!!