Looking for Pregnant MFP buddies

Options

Replies

• musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 24 weeks pregnant with a baby girl, due September 25th. I've gained 20 pounds so far, hoping not to go over 40. I was very active on MFP before becoming pregnant and was about 5 pounds away from my goal weight and in the best shape of my life. So although I'm thrilled to be expecting, I cannot wait to give birth and to be able to start seriously working out and losing weight again! Congratulations to everyone, and have a happy and healthy 9 months!
  • sarajo16
    sarajo16 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm pregnant too! : ) I hit my goal of 116 and then actually put on 5lbs to helping with having a baby and was then at 121. with baby number two. I am currently at 128 and almost 20 weeks. im a horrible eater who is trying to eat cleaner healthier foods and give up soda! :/

How many calories are you eating per day. We're around the same weight and I want to make sure I don't over do it. I'm 7 weeks now.
  • spenciemanda
    spenciemanda Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm pregnant too, I'm just 10 weeks. Started to lose a bit of weight just before becoming pregnant was still about 10 pounds short of goal. Exercise and eating have not been what I've wanted to do. Thowing up and sleeping have taken over... hoping to get some energy back in the 2nd trimester and start to get out more and eat better :)
  • b757
    b757 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Me too! I just found out Monday and my calculated due date for my pregnancy is Feb 7th 2013. I'll have to wait to post a real photo as I don't want anyone I know to come across it as we really haven't told but two people and are not telling family until the second trimester. Going by conception date I am three weeks along I think. This was a bit of a surprise (understatement) for us and our son will nearly 8 when we have this one. I was nowhere near my weight goal but am more concerned with eating healthy and exercising. Feel free to add me please!
  • ashle1244
    ashle1244 Posts: 5
    Options
    i probably eat around 2000,2100 (i used to eat around 1600) doc said she wasnt worried about my calories but i had to eat protein at least 3 times a day.
    but i ate way more than 2000 with my first baby and she only came out at 5lbs 11 oz lol and i kept all the extra! lol
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I look Pregnant - sorry ladies i couldn't resist
  • thuitema84
    thuitema84 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just found out I'm preggers -- this actually motivated me to come back to MyFitnessPal after being away for about a month travelling...I think it'll be a good tool to track how much calcium and protein I'm getting and when it comes time, to add the appropriate amount of calories into my diet (from what I hear, you don't need the extra 200-300 until the second trimester). At any rate, it would be great to have others that are in the same situation as I am to keep nutrition a priority over the next nine months.

I fell off of MyFitnessPal only about 10lbs shy of where I wanted to get for my goal. Travelling probably added a little extra, but I don't think its too much. Anyone have an idea of how we should be modifying the calories set to lose weight? I know the added calories don't come till later, but I'm the calories set right now are with the intent to lose weight, not maintain or gain eventually. Thanks for any advice!
  • thuitema84
    thuitema84 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I look Pregnant - sorry ladies i couldn't resist

Haha! Love it!
  • katgirl985
    katgirl985 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Just found out I am expecting as well, I will be due in early February! I have lost over 50 lbs with MFP since January, but I still have about 100 lbs to lose. Obviously that will take a bit longer than anticipated, LOL. Plan is to up my caloric intake a little bit but continue to eat well and exercise and hopefully lose a few more pounds during my first trimester. I would like to minimize weight gain as well, and my doctor seems to think that is possible with my new healthy habits!

Feel free to add me -- or maybe we should start a group?
  • jtfish112
    jtfish112 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of you mommies and soon-to-be mommies! I too just found out I'm pregnant, due in early January 2013. This will be my 3rd (and last...since #3 wasn't planned, lol). I lost 35 lbs with MFP and was pretty close to my goal. My OB says to shoot for a max of 28 lbs gained during this pregnancy. Less would be good for me. It's been rough during this 1st trimester and nausea and fatigue have not bode well for my diet and exercise. But I'm slowly feeling better and trying to get back on track. I'd love some preggo pals to share this journey with. Feel free to friend me!

I've always based my calorie goal at 1200, and just increased it to 2200 which I think will be difficult to reach daily. I visited www.choosemyplate.gov where I entered my stats, including being pregnant, and they recommend 2200/day, so I guess that is reasonable.

Good luck!
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Im due Jan 23 :flowerforyou:
  • sharonlafleur
    sharonlafleur Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm due in January 2013. I stopped coming here a while ago because I was pretty happy with my weight (even if it wasn't the 130 I set out to achieve) Now I find myself obsessing about weight gain. I want my baby to be healthy and get all the good stuff it needs, but it's hard to break the habits of 1500 a day calorie diets. Especially when I am not used to eating that much and the nausea is terrible. Nothing sounds good. I try spinach shakes with just spinach, water, strawberries, and greek yogurt (which I used to love) and now they give me such bad stomach cramps. I've dropped 5 lbs. since I've started this pregnancy and I'm getting worried.

The funny thing is, even though nothing looks good I am STARVING all the time!
  • kcmd
    kcmd Posts: 1
    Options
    Yikes! I just went to www.choosemyplate.gov and it told me 2600 a day!! Even when I eat whatever I feel like I don't think it's that many!! It would be really hard to eat that many calories of healthy food!
  • mrsmustgetmuscles1
    mrsmustgetmuscles1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi, just found out this weekend that I'm pregnant with baby #3, due around March 2nd (so it's still really early, only about 4 weeks right now). I also hit my goal weight this weekend as well. Since most 1st appointments aren't until 8 weeks I won't be able to see my doctor for a while, but think I'll email her to ask what my calorie intake should be. I just increased it from 1200 to 1400 because I was so close to my goal and wanted to start trying to eat at maintenance to see how it worked. I didn't gain much weight with either of my other children, 21lbs and 16.5lbs, but kept on an extra 5bls with both (they were both 7lbs 7oz). I'm starting this pregnancy off much healthier, not just with the lower weight, but because I exercise 2-4 times a week. I'd love to have some friends on here to go through this with, so please feel free to add me if you want to go through this wonderful journey together! Congrats to us all :happy:
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Many congratulations to you all!! I'm 12.5 weeks pregnant and due on 2nd Jan. would love some extra buddies to help me through this :-) this is baby number 2 for me. With baby number 1 I ended up putting on 45lbs!!! But managed to lose all that and even 14lbs more. This pregnancy has already have me gain 14lbs :-( as during the first trimester I just wanted to eat, eat, eat and all the wrong stuff too!! Now that I'm entering the second trimester I'm really struggling to stomach a lot of food; so am now using MFP to make sure I'm eating enough and to see if there are any trends with things that make me feel sick.

Please feel free to add me :-)
    Good luck with your journey everyone and I wish great happiness and health to all you lovely Mummies to be and your little ones
    :-)
  • Abberatia
    Abberatia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    First trimester you should stay at maintenance. But remember, "Ask your doctor!"
  • amcdonned
    amcdonned Posts: 1
    Options
    due 8/25 and it is hard to keep track since I have been craving junk food but trying to eat healthy for baby #2 and me!
  • JENNIENS
    JENNIENS Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Not pregnant yet but actively trying!! :) ON my two week wait right now to find out!
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi! 7 weeks pregnant here (due Feb. 10th). Would love some preggo MFP friends!!!
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Best of luck Jenniens, I know that 2 week wait can feel like the longest two weeks! Hope you get the result your after :-)