Beginner Runner looking for friends

Options
Hi All,

I have recently added running to my workout schedule. I haven't run on a regular basis since before high school. I am looking to add friends that are also runners, both beginners and experienced runners.

Replies

• shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Today is my first day of a 12 week program!! I am not a runner at all.. Was a swimmer for 12 years!! Looking forward to becoming a runner though :)
  • Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    Options
    Started the couch to 5k. Yesterday was my first day. I have NEVER been a runner, or even much of an athlete. Feel free to add me :)
  • lloydenson
    lloydenson Posts: 12
    Options
    I was the same 8 weeks ago and I have ran 2 5k's in that last week and also a 6k walking and running
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 29 and just got back into running myself.

I want to start tracking my mileage in July OR as soon as I figure out the fancy pedometer my husband just gifted me...lol.

Good luck to you!:happy:
  • khopkins516
    khopkins516 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am starting Couch to 5K and I have NEVER been a runner. I was also a swimmer for 12 years. :)
  • klcluff
    klcluff Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I completed the couch to 5k last fall, ran a 5K in 2011, then ran a 1/2 marathon in 2012. I will be signing up for another half marathon in the late fall or next spring. Currently I am running for the fitness. I run 3-4 days per week, 3-4 miles each. Good luck with your running adventure!
  • paperstars
    paperstars Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am a beginning "runner," though it might be better described as slow jogging or bouncy walking, haha. But I'm making an effort! I'm on week 7 of couch to 5k :)
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I began serious running last year and have run several 5Ks, a 10K, one half marathon and currently training for my second half!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. I'm in the midst of c25k and have a 5k scheduled for July 28
  • hoodlette
    hoodlette Posts: 20
    Options
    I've started C25K as well! I've been going to a boot camp 5 days a week for about 7 months, but there isn't any long-term running involved. I'm hoping to run a 5k in September of this year!
  • wyldling
    wyldling Posts: 35
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me! I'm going to be starting tonight for C25K or tomorrow depending on how I feel after a 2 hour hike up a mountain this evening. And I'm definitely trying Zombies, Run! on my iphone, haha! I've started C25K before but always encountered problems with my hip (I have a birth defect with my hip joint) so I had to stop but I'm attempting it again off the treadmill and mainly off pavement which were irritating my issue. Would I love some running buddies off MFP!
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Feel free to add me too! I recently upped my running and have run a 5k, a 10k and a half marathon so far. You can certainly do it! When I started, I couldn't even run for a minute.
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    HI, feel free to add me too.
    I've been running for 5 years and I am currently training for 2 races (an 8km and a 10 mile one).
    I also have it on my bucket list to run a half marathon.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    You are welcomed to add me!! I have been running since January 1st...I'm starting my half marathon training...have already done 2 10k's with a few runs scheduled here and there til my half!! :)
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    You can add me. Experienced runner, training for my 3rd marathon in October, where my goal is to qualify for Boston.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want. I've been running off and on for like 8 years and I'm still awful at it. Right now I'm just training for the Warrior Dash.
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yeah good for you!
    I don't know that i'd call myself a "good" runner but I'm a runner! :wink:
    My general focus is half-marathons but I just finished my first full marathon this past weekend! Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • KJanae87
    KJanae87 Posts: 54
    Options
    Add me. Im on week 7 of c25k. Never really ran before. Im pretty slow but with time hope to get better. My goal right now is do a 5k in under 40 minutes....yea...im that slow. First 5k scheduled for August.
  • penquin927
    penquin927 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been running for over a year. I have completed lots of 5Ks, 10k, 10 mile and two half marathons. Granted I can't run the entire 10K, 10 mile or half marathon yet but I am getting better all the time.

What keeps me motivated signing up for races ... 5Ks are easy to find. You can find them using www.active.com or if you have a local running store they normally also have calendar on their websites.

Smartphone Apps ... If you don't have any fancy gadgets like the Nike+ GPS, Garmen or any other GPS type watch I recommend using smartphone apps to keep you motivated so you know your mileage. Runkeeper is great and is FREE. It bill even post to facebook. Mapmyrun is also a FREE app. Nike+ is $1.99 and only available on the iphone. There are lots of apps out there. runkeeper is a great beginner app though.
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm a relatively new runner i got into it last year but stopped for a while just before completing the c25k, I've just started up again and i've finally completed a 5k

I'm trying to train myself for a 10k run but i'm back to interval running for the 5k due to some recent weight gain but i'm back to 8mins running and 3 mins walking.

add me if you would like i'm trying to run as much as poss outside over the summer.