I like it backwards...

Options
....the elliptical, that is. For whatever reason it's just more comfortable and I hit a good rhythm faster and easier when I peddle backward. Has anyone else had this experience?

Replies

• Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Sure. You're just using a different muscle group. I do it both ways to ensure toning all around my legs. :)
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Ummm yea but not on the elliptical. :drinker:
  • KXanthos
    KXanthos Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Ummm yea but not on the elliptical. :drinker:
    :drinker:
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    ....the elliptical, that is. For whatever reason it's just more comfortable and I hit a good rhythm faster and easier when I peddle backward. Has anyone else had this experience?
    It's so weird, but I didn't even realize I was doing the elliptical backwards until a friend pointed it out! I've tried doing it frontwards, but it just feels weird to me so I continue to do it backwards.
  • janehen12
    janehen12 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I always feel like i'm gonna fall off backwards!
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You go backward, I go forward.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I go both ways. :drinker:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I love to do that on my stationary bike whenever my knees & quads are getting tired.
  • Ironman2be
    Ironman2be Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    so disappointed in this....
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    backwards is much, much easier!
    I go forward for about 10 minutes, get my heartrate high, then alternate forward and backward.
  • KXanthos
    Options
    It's so weird, but I didn't even realize I was doing the elliptical backwards until a friend pointed it out! I've tried doing it frontwards, but it just feels weird to me so I continue to do it backwards.

I know exactly what you mean. I try do an equal amount of both, but backward just feels so much more natural to me...
  • KXanthos
    Options
    You go backward, I go forward.

:wink:
  • KXanthos
    Options
    so disappointed in this....

:laugh:
  • Vitamin_K
    Vitamin_K Posts: 47
    Options
    I like it both ways... you know ummm... what were we talking about again?
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I WISH I could go backwards....I just can't! I've been told that I should try to do half my workout one direction, and the other half the other way. I supposed I should keep trying...
  • KXanthos
    Options
    I WISH I could go backwards....I just can't! I've been told that I should try to do half my workout one direction, and the other half the other way. I supposed I should keep trying...

I swich directions every 5 minutes or so... It definately works different muscles.