Cottage Cheese

Options
One of my fav snacks is seedless red grapes with cottage cheese...but thats the only thing I know of that I like with it. Any suggestions on other things to pair with cottage cheese? Has anyone tried the low fat kind? Is it any good?

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    the lowfat one is good (in my opinion)

I like the kashi TLC crackers or the special K crackers with cottage cheese .... or canned peaches or pears(100 calorie ones) with cottage cheese
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    I eat my cottage cheese with pineapples. :love:
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    I sprinkle on pepper and eat plain or with crackers. I have only tried the non-fat small curd kind and I love it. I've heard it's great with fruit also, I'll have to try the pineapple!
  • CristaAmy
    Options
    Fruit and crackers are my typical cottage cheese sides. I say go for the 4% milkfat variety ... it is so much more rewarding and not that much higher in fat/calories.
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    I add cherry tomatoes cut in half with pepper on top of mine. delish! :tongue:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Pineapple, peaches, mandarin oranges, strawberry preserves, pepper, tomatoes, crackers, cinnamon and sweetener...the list is endless! I love CC, I just can't digest it very well. :embarassed:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    peanut butter!
  • kobrie17
    kobrie17 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i cut a cucumber in half the long way and scoop out the seeds then fill with cottage cheese with parsley, chives, and basil. sooo good.. 68 calories for the whole cucumber!!
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    BLUEBERRIES--even frozen--my absolute favorite:flowerforyou: :smile: :wink: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    pineapple, tomatoes, pears, apple, salt and pepper, celery, etc etc. Anything you would eat with yogurt or milk products will go well.

I like 2%.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Use it in place of sour cream on a small potato. I put it in my not so creamy tomato soup, tastes great and has nutritional value. I use it with fresh veggies, salsa, and beans, and scoop it up with white corn chips. This is besides all the usual uses with fruit and fresh veggies and such. I love cottage cheese!:smile:
  • gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Honey or semi-sweet chocolate chips if I'm in the mood for something sweet.
  • Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    Apple sauce!!! Yummmmmm!!! The 2% cottage cheese is great, seems much more creamy to me.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas...they all sound good!!:flowerforyou:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I will eat it with the pineapples or peaches, but I usually will pick them apart and eat them separately anyway.

I like just salt and pepper. I love cottage cheese.

The one on the cucumber sounds like something I would like. That or the potato.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I only eat the low fat cottage cheese! For a yummy treat I mix orange or lemon yoplait lite fat free yogurt with cottage cheese! I like mandarin oranges with LF cottage cheese too. I also like LF cottage cheese with just salt and pepper!
  • BARBnKS
    BARBnKS Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sliced tomatoes & low fat cottage cheese...mmm good!
  • Kelly11
    Kelly11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I like to put a little spoonful of homemade raspberry jam in mine :)