Hi...Hoping this works!!!

Options
Hi! I'm Heather. I am a married mother of 2 girls. Five years ago I lost a bit over 60 pounds on Weight Watchers but struggled within five pounds of my goal for months...so I quit thinking that I could do it on my own. I couldn't do it and the weight has little by little come back. I have been trying for months to get back on track but haven't been able to. THEN the other day while I was a work a co-worker asked me if she could talk to me about something without me getting mad...basically she told me that she noticed that I have gained ALOT of weight since she first met me 5 years ago (I started there right after I lost my 60 pounds) and she wanted to know if there was something wrong that I was getting so "heavy"...WOW!!!..I was dumbfounded...I knew I needed to loose weight but I didn't think anyone would ever say something to me about it. My family and friends are always saying to me "you look fine...I don't notice you've gained any weight back!"..."you're not fat!"..."I love you just the way you are!" I think I NEEDED this comment out of the blue to SLAP me in the face and wake me up...I AM FAT...I NEED to do something about this and do it NOW...for ME...and my family!!! So here I am. I cannot afford Weight Watchers so I sure hope I can get the HELP & SUPPORT from others on here to get me back on track and loose the weight that I gained back! I sure hope this works!!!

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard ..... take baby steps , drink your water , log your food and get out and move that body ...... good luck on your weight loss journey ...YOU CAN DO THIS again good luck :wink:
  • figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't know if she is your friend, but if she is, then she is a true one... That must have taken guts!

Good for you for having such a good attitude about her comment! That took some maturity!

I hope that it does work!
    You can do it :) Make it a life style change... not a diet! Diets are ALL fads.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hey Heather! Welcome to MFP. This is the best site ever for help and motivation. I love knowing that there is always someone who can relate to what I'm going through whether it's good or bad, and I'm sure you'll find that on here as well.

It can be a little harsh when people point things out to you that you didn't see/didn't want to see, but sometimes it's better to know and be able to do something about it.

I wish you much success! I'm sure this site will help you reach your goals if you stay with it! I've saw so many people have a lot of success (including myself, even though I still have a ways to go), so good luck to you!!!
  • audiophile
    Options
    Hey Heather! :] Don't worry, this site is...absolutely amazing. You'll deffo get results.
    And you know how that old saying goes, "you have to be cruel to be kind".
    This is the start of a new you! Good luck!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Heather. I am a married mother of 2 girls. Five years ago I lost a bit over 60 pounds on Weight Watchers but struggled within five pounds of my goal for months...so I quit thinking that I could do it on my own. I couldn't do it and the weight has little by little come back. I have been trying for months to get back on track but haven't been able to. THEN the other day while I was a work a co-worker asked me if she could talk to me about something without me getting mad...basically she told me that she noticed that I have gained ALOT of weight since she first met me 5 years ago (I started there right after I lost my 60 pounds) and she wanted to know if there was something wrong that I was getting so "heavy"...WOW!!!..I was dumbfounded...I knew I needed to loose weight but I didn't think anyone would ever say something to me about it. My family and friends are always saying to me "you look fine...I don't notice you've gained any weight back!"..."you're not fat!"..."I love you just the way you are!" I think I NEEDED this comment out of the blue to SLAP me in the face and wake me up...I AM FAT...I NEED to do something about this and do it NOW...for ME...and my family!!! So here I am. I cannot afford Weight Watchers so I sure hope I can get the HELP & SUPPORT from others on here to get me back on track and loose the weight that I gained back! I sure hope this works!!!

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    You don't have to "hope it works" because MFP REALLY DOES WORK! Just ask any of us "losers"! :laugh:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • hedderlovesorcas
    Options
    Thank you everybody for the welcome! I really feel good about this and I really think that this site and all of you will help. Yes, "Figueres3", the person from work is a friend...she is the one person from work I really do care about and I know she cares about me...even though the only time we talk or spend time together is at work. It may have been shocking that she said what she did but I am VERY glad that she did. My husband and kids were mad when I told them what she said but I told them I am not mad at her...I thank her...she made me realize something needs to be done. I did pretty good on my first day...I actually think this is gonna be fun!
  • spinningmango
    spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp:flowerforyou: