Starting FRESH

Options
Hello all,

Today is the beginning of a new day. I have actually been a member of myfitnesspal for a while now; however, I haven’t taken it as seriously as I should. I would go strong for a week or two and then slack off. Well, today is a new day. I am starting fresh and need all the support I can get from you guys. I sort of had a wakeup call yesterday from the doctor. My family at home sees nothing wrong with my weight or my fitness (or lack thereof) and doesn't support my goals, which can be challenging almost all of the time. I am able to control my food intake when I am at work just fine but dinner time is where the challenges begin and unhealthy decisions take over. It is also very hard for me to get motivated to exercise. I feel embarrassed when anyone sees me exercise for whatever reason. Today, I am putting all of that behind me and starting over. All doubts aside I am going to cling to my weight loss goals as if it were all I had. As of today, I am 185.00 and in the obese BMI range. I would like to lose 44lbs which would put me in the healthy BMI range. I will also be posting before and after pictures and progression pictures to keep me motivated. I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for all of your support!

Sincerely,
Yalonda

Replies

• Nutrition1st
    Nutrition1st Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I got your back! Feel free to add me and ask any questions you like!

E
  • Happyshe
    Happyshe Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    All the best Yalonda!! You can do it....
    I'm new to myfitnesspal, just joined a couple of hours ago....
    I'm targeting to lose 33pounds and am hoping to cut down on the desserts and start exercising again....
    I'm in the overweight BMI too....

I do hope we can achieve our goals.... Good luck!
  • Laurie1267
    Laurie1267 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi Yolanda! I too am at 185 lbs and want to lose another 35. I also don't like to exercise at a gym or class because I don't know the steps and feel uncoordinated. I have an exercise bike that acts like a clothes rack (right now, but I vow to clean it off). Also, I play Zumba on my daughter's wii game system. See? you don't have to exercise in front of others. Feel free to friend me if you'd like :) My name is Laurie.
  • susi819
    susi819 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi Yalonda, congrats on your decision to start making a change! Sometimes, starting is usually the toughest job. Once you are at it, you just have to think about how far you've come and continue. Like you, I have been a member of MFP for over a year and hadn't made a serious decision until 3 weeks ago. I hope we can keep each other motivated through this process. I'll send you a friend request. Take care and don't give up. We can do it!!!
  • nikirayven
    nikirayven Posts: 10
    Options
    Yolanda you are not alone, we all need the support and motivation to make these changes in our lives. I know exactly how you feel as far as the food goes. I eat at work (office job) and then when its time to have dinner I get out voted by Kids and hubby :P. I think it is great that you are starting fresh. Things that have worked for me so far as far as motivation goes, I blog about it, I have a food journal and I take an accountability photo every time I work out and exercise that way I know I earned that sweat! You know, and if there are too many missing than I know I have not work hard enough. Feel free to add me I would love to be some support and vice versa :P
    http://nikirayvenblog.blogspot.com/
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi, honey !

No worries ..... baby steps will get you to your goal just as well as big leaps ...... you don't need to go crazy with big changes & freak your darling family out ..... btw, that is one beautiful baby ...... each week make a few adjustments to your eating ..... and maybe dance to your TV when nobody's looking LOL

Night eating is a problem at my house too, but since I only keep "good" foods in the house, we can't get into too much trouble ...... and we have other activities to keep us out of the kitchen .....

Best of luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • JoeD1968
    JoeD1968 Posts: 167
    Options
    Really nothing hit me harder than looking at my BMI and had no way of denial.almost out of obese and ready for the long haul through over weight. Focus on YOU , adjust the outside stuff to suit what you need. Good luck
  • yweaver1
    yweaver1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you all for your support, advice and encouraging words! They all mean so much to me! Yesterday was a little challenging. I always get out voted too when it comes to eating healthy for dinner but I think I might can sneak in a healthy item each day without my family noticing....well maybe haha! Today is day two and I am excited and ready. I got some exercise in yesterday by moving boxes-ugh yes- but on the upside I will be moving to a new place in the middle of July (<
    SUPER EXCITED!!). That helped a lot because dinner was chili dogs so moving all those boxes burned off those calories thank goodness! I will be documenting my progress for you all to see and I am going to be posting pictures very soon, I promise!