Low Carbing while watching calories

Options
Hi you guys my name is Brandi! I have been trying to maintain a low carb-low calorie type of diet. I have been having success so far and would love for you to join my friends and I on our journey!! I also have a YouTube that I keep up on about weight loss and plus size fashion. My channel name is Brandiohbrandi, please join me!!!!!!!

Replies

• SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I follow and fairly low carb & low cal diet also: 75g of carbs or lower and 1400cal. You're welcome to add me as a buddy if you'd like :)
  • pawneed5
    pawneed5 Posts: 37
    Options
    I do low carb as well. I'ma add you both if you don't mind :) I'm alway's looking for friends.
  • debk3p2
    debk3p2 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I do lowish carbs (about 80) and calories too. I'd love to be added.

Debbie
  • lioda123
    lioda123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too! It doesn't seem to matter how many calories I cut back, if I don't cut out most of my carbs then I don't lose.
  • Madmoosebaits
    Options
    New to the site and a major carb addict! I know when I have followed diets such as Atkins and then the Paleo Diet I have felt better and lost weight easily. The problem is I have zero will power when it comes to stuff like chocolate, chip and the major no-no...pizza.
    Well now I am also Type-2 diabetic which means I need to cut the carbs. My wife turned me onto this site so let's see how we do!
  • untgirl01
    untgirl01 Posts: 8
    Options
    I do low carbs and about 1200 calories a day. You can add me if you wanna.
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I had real success on atkins 12 years ago, I'm seriously considering it again.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I had real success on atkins 12 years ago, I'm seriously considering it again.

Did you have bounceback after reintroducing carbs?
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    when i restrict my carbs i restrict my calories as well. it just happens. i don't try to!
    but i'm really less hungry.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I had success with adkins years ago and kept my weight down for years. It wasn't till much later that I put my weight back on. I started with low carb again on June 11 and am seeing results already. During the week I am eating between 1200 and 1500 calories while staying between 15 and 20 carbs. On the weekend, I am keeping to about 2000 calories and 50 carbs. At this point MFP says I can have 2600 calories a day before exercise, so even my weekend calories are under what they say I can eat to lose 2lbs a week.

When I've lost enough to be active without pain (to allow more activity) I might consider being a little less strict with the numbers.

I would be willing to add anyone else that is eating low carbs.
  • Nutrition1st
    Nutrition1st Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I applaud everyone who is working to achieve a goal. We all take different approaches. Low carb meal plans have their place and can give great results. I would not recommend no carb. Here is why. Your muscles needs carbs for energy. The more you exercise, the more energy your muscles need. Whenever we deprive the body of an essential nutrient, it doesn't just ignore it and substitute fat in it's place. If you were to workout with no carbs, here is what's happening behind the scenes. When your muscles need energy and no glucose (carbs) are present, your body steals amino acids (protein) from your muscles (Gluconeogenesis) and converts it to glucose to supply your muscles with what they need. If this didn't happen then you would become hypoglycemic b/c your glucose levels would be dangerously low. This isn't something you would feel. You wouldn't faint. You wouldn't gain or lose massive amounts of weight. This is something you won't notice until later in life and develop one of several health disorders.

Low carbs can work, just don't go with zero carbs. And as you are counting calories, remember that (in grams) 1 carb = 4 cals, 1 protein = 4 cals, 1 fat = 9 cals.
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have a low thyroid condition and even though I am on treatment the only way I can lose is if I follow a lo carb diet. so please friend me!!

I thrive on support!!!

Michelle
  • brandiohbrandi
    brandiohbrandi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    yes I agree. And I had a pretty decent amount of success with this years ago so I am trying again! I keep my carb intake at around 79-85 a day right now (net carbs) which has been helping me to drop some water weight. I also drink 10-14 glasses of water a day. Thank you so much for the info, it really helps!
  • sdmcentire
    Options
    Nice post.