A little inspiration to those with scale frustration

Options
I am no where even close to being to my goal. In fact I consider myself to be in the beginning still. I started back at this weight battle on March 17th. It is definitely much harder this time. The scale does not want to move at all. For a while it was sooooo frustrating. I look at these posts all the time for inspiration. I know there has to be others out there who do the same so that's why I'm doing this. I remember looking at a post where the woman had to pics side by side and the weight difference was only a couple pounds but the difference in her body was amazing. From then on I realized the scale didn't matter. If you do not measure yourself or take pics.. start today! Trust me you'll be so glad you did.. especially on days when you're feeling like you just aren't making any progress. That's how I was feeling this morning. Then I took the 3rd pic in my side by side and was like wow.. There really is a difference. I probably should have taken the last one in the same bathing suit but honestly I just didn't feel like going down stairs to get it.. So, I was like well I'll see if I can squeeze myself into an old one.. lol The one I'm wearing in the 3rd pic is a size 12.. I got it on, but it definitely does not fit properly. You can't tell so much by the back.. but definitely can with the stomach.. I definiltely would not wear it in public.. ok so since March 17th I have only lost 17lbs but I've lost 20.25 inches. I personally feel like from these pics that it looks like I've lost more than 17. So, the next time you step on that scale and it hasn't budged.. don't get so frustrated.. you're making progress in other ways.. so keep up the hard work.. I know I will.. feel free to add me and we can support each other =)

ok, here goes.. my first post.. hoping this pic works...lol

it's only showing my first 2 so i need to figure out how to resize it but you can also see the 3rd pic in my profile pic

Deniceweightlossprogress425to626.jpg

Replies

• Dlopez678
    Dlopez678 Posts: 97
    Options
    dang! alright I thought I put the code in the way it said in another post.. but guess I have some work to do lol
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Sorry...tried to post for you, but apparently I'm a goofball! :) But you're right, pictures are soooooo helpful. Wish I'd done it in the beginning, because I have a hard time seeing change at all, especially in the past few months...
    [img]http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s451/Dlopez678/Deniceweightlossprogress425to626.jpg [\img][/img]
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Deniceweightlossprogress425to626.jpg[img][/img]

Need to put a
    /
    in between
    [
    and
    img]
    at the end

• Dlopez678
    Options
    when i go to edit it it shows i've got the at each end.. so isn't that all i need?
  • SwtMelissa86
    SwtMelissa86 Posts: 165
    Options
    good job!! i can tell!
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    when i go to edit it it shows i've got the at each end.. so isn't that all i need?

Need to put a

/

in between

[

and

img]

at the end

Dang, that's hard to explain when MFP won't let it show up, lol (and it messes my dang quote up too, ugh)

• Dlopez678
    Options
    thanks.. the 3rd one isn't even showing up though.. guess ineed to make it smaller but i couldn't figure it out.. guess i still need to figure out how to post them too lol but i've got the same pic as my profile pic so you can see it there.
  • Dlopez678
    Options

Need to put a

/

in between

[

and

img]

at the end

Dang, that's hard to explain when MFP won't let it show up, lol (and it messes my dang quote up too, ugh)

ha ha ok thanks i gotcha.. i'll try again.. thanks for your help
  • anitraluv1
    anitraluv1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Heyy Dlopez i can tell CONGRATS!!! so what do you do for exercise and eating?
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I clicked on your profile to see the third pic - WOW! WTG!!!! Thanks for sharing.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I am jealous of your inches/pounds lost ratio. :blushing:
  • Dlopez678
    Options
    I am no where even close to being to my goal. In fact I consider myself to be in the beginning still. I started back at this weight battle on March 17th. It is definitely much harder this time. The scale does not want to move at all. For a while it was sooooo frustrating. I look at these posts all the time for inspiration. I know there has to be others out there who do the same so that's why I'm doing this. I remember looking at a post where the woman had to pics side by side and the weight difference was only a couple pounds but the difference in her body was amazing. From then on I realized the scale didn't matter. If you do not measure yourself or take pics.. start today! Trust me you'll be so glad you did.. especially on days when you're feeling like you just aren't making any progress. That's how I was feeling this morning. Then I took the 3rd pic in my side by side and was like wow.. There really is a difference. I probably should have taken the last one in the same bathing suit but honestly I just didn't feel like going down stairs to get it.. So, I was like well I'll see if I can squeeze myself into an old one.. lol The one I'm wearing in the 3rd pic is a size 12.. I got it on, but it definitely does not fit properly. You can't tell so much by the back.. but definitely can with the stomach.. I definiltely would not wear it in public.. ok so since March 17th I have only lost 17lbs but I've lost 20.25 inches. I personally feel like from these pics that it looks like I've lost more than 17. So, the next time you step on that scale and it hasn't budged.. don't get so frustrated.. you're making progress in other ways.. so keep up the hard work.. I know I will.. feel free to add me and we can support each other =)

ok, here goes.. my first post.. hoping this pic works...lol

ok so the first two are showing up but not the 3rd.. so now I have to figure out how to resize it... but the same pic can also be seen as my profile pic

[
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Good job! I see all three in your profile picture! Keep up the HARD work! :smile:
  • Prettygirl150
    Prettygirl150 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great Job! This is definitely inspiration to keep going ... I've added you as a friend.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep up the good work. I wish I had've thought to take pictures. At Curves the lady takes my inches but it doesn't seem to be very much :(
  • Dlopez678
    Options
    Heyy Dlopez i can tell CONGRATS!!! so what do you do for exercise and eating?

As far as eating I eat a lot of vegetables, chicken, tuna. I don't eat red meat very often.. although if I want it I'll eat it. lol My thing is that I'm learning to do this for life. I'm not going to starve myself to lose weight and go back to old habits. I still eat things I like.. like junk food.. just not as much or as often. I drink pretty much nothing but water.. I have pop occasionally. For exercise I did 30 day shred for a while. Then I added in c25k. After that my husband wanted to give insanity a try.. So I dropped the other 2 cause insanity was kicking my butt.. on top of that I do a lot of cleaning and yard work. I also stay active with my kids. I haven't really exercised as much as usual the last couple weeks but I'm getting back on track. I have my very first 5k coming up in a few weeks.
  • anitraluv1
    anitraluv1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ok great thats awesome and sounds like i can do the same I was think about insanity and i may buy it! thanks
  • onyx1972
    onyx1972 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    awesome!.. I can see the difference... I just started taking pictures a few months ago and it does help when the scale doesn't move
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!