Gross Raw Food Question (TMI time)

Options
I've recently went Raw and I have noticed that (this may be gross) but I'm not really pooping a lot.
I've seen a lot of documentaries and read a lot of testimonials and that's usually the first thing that people say when they start on all raw. It's always like 'Oh, man I donno where all this came from but I'm poopin' like a jack rabbit'.
I've never really been much of a pooper. I've talked to docs and they told me that some people just don't that much. I still think I don't do it a healthy amount,though. I've heard you're supposed to go for each meal you eat. I usually go like once every other day. I guess I just expected being raw to sort of.. fix that?
Could it be because I'm not going from a SAD to raw? Maybe there's not so much in my stockpile lol.

Replies

• MLuckyb85
    MLuckyb85 Posts: 3
    Options
    How long have you been eating only raw?
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I only go once a day, every morning, after breakfast and before my shower lol. It's like clockwork.

Are you eating enough? Drinking enough water to help push the fibre through?
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Once every other day is not outside of the normal range of pooping habits. (Once for every meal - 3x /day sounds like an awful lot of bathroom time to me, but I guess it could be in the normal range, too.)

Do you have discomfort?
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm a 1 x a day to every other day as well. No big deal (imo). If you feel like its an issue or are having discomfort due to the lack of then maybe bring it up to the doctor again or maybe try a laxative or certain foods that will cause that to happen like prunes.
  • DrowningMermaid
    Options
    For me it would cause concern but because I eat a ton of vegetables, I've gotten to almost 4x per day on certain days. Even when I wasn't eating as healthy, it was a minimum of twice a day.

If you feel fine, I wouldn't be too concerned. Maybe add some flax into your diet?
  • HappilyCyn
    HappilyCyn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It could be the fiber overload because your body is not used to the amount of fiber. Drinks lost of water and start your day with a green smoothie or juice. I hope you will be able to go soon.