Hello! Journey to lose 100+

Options
Hello everyone,
I'm 28 and just moved from South Carolina to Minneapolis and looking for a brand new start.

I have been overweight my entire life despite being involved in sports - swim team (club & HS varsity), soccer, basketball, horseback riding, etc... My weight ballooned even more so when I went to college upstate NY and focused on academics rather than health and fitness. That being 6 years ago, I have had my ups and downs, weight watchers, gym donations and even done boot camp, but I am tired of giving up. I just joined a new gym that has a pool, basketball court aka stuff I like to do! Hopefully between that and working with the trainers can help motivate my butt and get to a healthier me.

I've set a mini-goal of losing 50 pounds in 4 months, definitely a challenge, but I am up for it now. I have the time (I teach so school's out) :) so now is perfect to get me going on the right path to health.

So I just wanted to say "Hi" and if you're like me with a lot to lose (or gain) :) maybe we can help motivate each other!

Ht: 5'4"
CW: 384
GW: 150

Replies

• KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi Beth, I lived in Sumter for 4 years! Feel free to add me!
  • deedizz
    deedizz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It's good to set little goals as the largers ones can feel so unattainable at times. I did weight watchers with success in the past. I always liked how they tell you to shoot for your goal to be 10% of your current weight. When you break it down like that, it seems like its already almost at your finger tips .

Good Luck!! Stick to it. It feels so good! My new best friend is a great workout play list (and watermelon :laugh: ) !!

Danielle
  • Dar100in1
    Dar100in1 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi Beth!

I know 100lbs sounds like a lot, but you can do it!!! Feel free to ad me.
  • Gdangel1975
    Options
    Hey Beth!

I read your blog and it inspired me a lot. I've always been a big girl and its been really hard to lose any kind of weight. I've tried in the past and have lost some 30 lbs on my own, which I was very proud of. But then I had a set back. Getting laid off work and losing a couple of friends along the way took me to a dark place and I ballooned up to my biggest. I've never been as big as I am today. I can now feel it in my knees and even in my heels. I've decided to really take that step to better myself. I don't want to Die over being lazy, which I feel I am when it comes to fitness.

Setting a smaller realistic goal is a way better plan than staring at a goal of 150 lbs lost asap! Great Idea!

Soooo, Here's to motivating each other! :drinker:
    :wink: :laugh:
  • Biobeth06
    Biobeth06 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am just tired of not being able to do things, be as flexible - and pain-free! So I definitely understand where you're at :) We can do this!