new gal

lola2903
lola2903 Posts: 2
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Well I figured it was time, especially with summer coming. I gained 15 pounds over the winter and the clothes are a little too tight for my liking. I was 155 last summer and wan't happy with it, boy would I love to be back there again. It is like starting all over again. I never realized that I was taking in so many calories, this really helps a person become more aware. I have signed up for a 10km run on Father's Day so I need to really get started with exercising and eating properly. A friend and I did one a week ago and we were second last, we finished, but wow, it was tough. This one is going to be better.

Replies

• lola2903
    lola2903 Posts: 2
    Well I figured it was time, especially with summer coming. I gained 15 pounds over the winter and the clothes are a little too tight for my liking. I was 155 last summer and wan't happy with it, boy would I love to be back there again. It is like starting all over again. I never realized that I was taking in so many calories, this really helps a person become more aware. I have signed up for a 10km run on Father's Day so I need to really get started with exercising and eating properly. A friend and I did one a week ago and we were second last, we finished, but wow, it was tough. This one is going to be better.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Welcome Lola,
    Good luck on your upcoming race. That is quite impressive. We are glad to have you with us.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    :flowerforyou: Welocme Lola. I , like you , did not realize just how many calories I was taking in until I started logging it in here at mfp. Wow ! It sure makes a difference having that visual. Best wishes on your up and comming run...and on your other goals as well. :flowerforyou:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    YES same here I was in shock! lol

All the picking at my son's leftovers, and handful of this while cooking, a nibble of that...has STOPPED! I'm sooo glad I found this place and I think you will be too! best of luck and welcome!!!

hugs!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.