Hello All! New mom refusing to buy new clothes

Options
Glad to have found this site. Had a baby 16months ago and have since gained back every pound I lost after I had him (so depressing). Keeping a food diary has helped me lose in the past so here to looser fitting clothes.

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Welcome to an awesome site! You can do this! Like you say "log the food", it is only one way to drop weight but please do not forget the WATER, (drink 64oz. daily) AND move it, move it, move it! With the three combined you will see some nice changes! I wish you success!
  • BABYLILAC
    BABYLILAC Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck in your new journey :flowerforyou:

Off topic -vhuber you look awesome:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Jenbabe402
    Options
    I'm in the same boat (about the clothes). I haven't bought anything new in about a year, and I'm down to one pair of pants that fit- my "fat pants." Thank goodness that I get to wear scrubs at work- they hide a lot!!!

Good luck with everything, keep working hard!
  • ucaminax
    ucaminax Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation! I have a 10 month old and I weighed myself this morning and I weigh 165-I think that is what I weighed right before I delivered! I only got down to about 150 after delivery, and even though I am still breastfeeding, it didn't seem to help me loose any weight at any point-I just have been steadily packing the weight on. I hardly have any clothes that fit, and don't want to spend money on "fat" clothes. I used this site a few months ago, and it worked great. Then I fell off the wagon when I didn't have internet access for a few weeks and never got back on. I am feeling tired and sluggish and uncomfortable in my heavy, out of shape body. I want to be healthy for my baby, and I want to be around for a long time so I can watch her have her own babies! We should start a not-so-new moms support forum :-) Maybe I will do that now! Best of luck to you.
  • fitmomma13
    Options
    Me too!! I have an 8 month old and am only down in weight from what I gave birth to my daughter. SO frustrating and I'm dong something about it now. Before I didn't care but I maxed out at 200lbs. the day I gave birth!! I am feeling so uncomfortable in my own body now that I have to do something. My ownly weekness is my water intake. We can do it!!
  • ksnative
    ksnative Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am so in for a not-so- new mom support group. I breastfeed as well and did get some weight loss but as soon as I was done .....and stress began to pile up.....

Anyway, I would love to have a new outfit for New Year's! I too feel uncomfortable...mind you, I like having booty and hips but what I have NOW....waaaaaayyyy toooo much! : )
  • ucaminax
    ucaminax Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yeah-that would be nice to start the new year off looking and feeling good! I started a thread for us mom's called "Not-so-new Moms" for moms like us still struggling with the weight issues. The support and accountability of having others to check in with each day definitely help me. Today I have felt good, watching what I eat, and going on a walk with my daughter. Let's keep it up!