Crying here....

Options
Ok...silly question...when you all started this journey toward a happier and healthier lifestyle, did you find yourself overly emotional? I have been in this for about two weeks now and I find myself crying at the stupidest stuff....like commercials and reunions on tv. It's bizarre! What's happening to me? :)

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Nope I'm not that emotional when it comes to my body & the only time I'm getting emotional is when I'm sick or with TOM but I don't get TOM monthly. I think your problem has something to do with what you're experiencing right now but well I still don't know
  • scott1646
    scott1646 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have had days where I would just got all weepy for almost no reason at all. When driving to work or home, that's where I listen to the most music in my day, if I listen to any 80's song that I use to enjoy or a new song that just sinks in, I get all teary, it's very strange.
  • mhuch110
    mhuch110 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yes! Me too! I'm not sad or depressed, in fact I'm in a very happy place in my life. But I get so weepy for no reason!
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've felt like this at times, or that my emotions are heightened/hard to control. There's a lot of emotion tied up in overeating, especially, like me, if you were using it as a crutch to deal with stress. It's not easy, but it will get easier and less emotional with time :-)
  • gemaudlin
    gemaudlin Posts: 81
    Options
    I've felt like this at times, or that my emotions are heightened/hard to control. There's a lot of emotion tied up in overeating, especially, like me, if you were using it as a crutch to deal with stress. It's not easy, but it will get easier and less emotional with time :-)

THIS^^
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options

THIS^^

^^^^^I second this THIS. You are "breaking up" with a life-long companion (overeating, bad habits, etc.), and that can be emotionally draining. Good luck!
  • smbrooks404
    smbrooks404 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have just found myself in a really bad mood! lol. For example, out with friends and everyone at the table is eating whatever the hell they want...fried calamari, pasta, the bread on the table, etc. and I am sitting there eating my boring salad with no dressing! I literally have an attitude and I am not fun to be around.

The thing I keep saying to myself is I am there for the company, NOT the food. But it is hard when every one else around you is indulging.

So, yes, I get the emotional part of this dieting journey....big time!
  • OneShortBri
    OneShortBri Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's soooo great to hear that I'm not alone!!! I started crying at this picture of sea otters holding hands, it said that they hold hands so they don't lose eachother while sleeping. I was like, I'm seriously crying right now, and my husband was laughing at me. I feel happier after a workout, and I look forward to working out because of this, but I do get weepy at the most random stuff.
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I second what Krys_140 said, about you "breaking up" with the foods that you used to use for comfort and stress relief. Also, cutting out things like sugar and carbs is a HUGE transition for your body. We get seriously addicted to stuff like that. It's just like quitting caffeine and getting a horrible caffeine headache- there is an actual physical response. Your body is learning a whole new way to live. I have no doubt that what you're going through is both emotional and physical.