Veggie Stir Fry Ideas

Options
farmers_daughter
farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
I found the veggie trailer here in town (kind of like a mini mini farmers market) I want to make some dishes with more veggies in them, I grilled zuchinni last night, but would like to sautee some veggies, what do I sautee them in, that has flavor and very very little calories.
I like Swanson's flavor boosters but the sodium is soooo high. What veggies are good together....I was thinking zuchinni (which I'm addicted to) some roma tomatoes mushrooms etc...

What do you guys use?

Replies

• CrystaLight74
    Options
    I'm curious about this too... For me I'd want onion, green/yellow &/or red pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, maybe even some fresh green beans for color and crunch. Carrots? Celery? Broccoli? Pea pods? Pineapple?

I think any vegetable could work...

How would you season them? Garlic, low sodium soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, duck sauce??? Would you marinade them first?

I look forward to the input you get on this :) Sounds yummy!!!
  • lnnptrck
    lnnptrck Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My favorite stir-fry recipe that I use as a go-to (but super high in sodium you'll see, unfortunately) is as follows:

1/4 c soy sauce (I use low sodium, but it's still a little high :-/)
    1 teaspoon on Sriracha rooster chilli sauce (add or subtract due to preference...a little bit of this goes a LONG way)
    a dash of sweetner.
    I add this mixture in to a pound to a pound and a half of fresh veggies in a pan and let the veggies cook to the tenderness of preference. Sometimes we add chicken, shrimp, or tofu. It's an easy throw-together, but you have to watch out for the soy sauce and the chilli sauce; they can get your blood pressure up for sure!
  • lnnptrck
    lnnptrck Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    any fresh veggies work!
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Pineapple. OMG you made my day I didn't even think about that.
  • betho217
    betho217 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The key to great stir fry for me is the perfect combo of Salty, Sweet, Spicy and Sour. Just made this last night....

The Stuff:
    4 oz each of onion, carrot and broccoli
    4 oz shrimp
    1 oz organic buckwheat soba noodles
    0.5 tbs evoo for sauteing
    Sauce:
    1 tbs low sodium soy sauce
    rice wine vinegar (I didn't measure)
    shirracha (I didn't measure)
    1 tbs agave
    About 1/2 cup of the pasta water

Ended up being right around 400 calories and 822 for sodium

Looking forward to the leftovers at lunch :)