View my diary?

After doing this for about 6 weeks, I've only lost 2lbs. Looking over my diary, the first 2 weeks are easily a write-off as I transitioned into eating less...that being said, I've been pretty good, and pretty active for 4 weeks, and have only lost 2lbs.

Even more frustratingly, my weight seems to jump up and down at random. I weigh the same time every day (about 30min after I get up in the morning) and it can vary about 2lbs (my entire weight "loss")...and yes, I go to the bathroom before I weigh myself. Super classy.

Advice? Suggestions? Scathing criticism? I WANT IT ALL. (thanks!)

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    your bmi is 22. you don't have much to lose.
    could be why it will take longer.

try fasting or low carb?
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    You may want to edit your diary to include sodium and see if you are getting too much of that in your foods, which may cause you to retain water.
  • Hmmm, it shows sodium on my mobile app...let me see if i can get that info over to the website too.

EDIT: Diary updated. Looks like I'm under more often than over on sodium...forgive me for my Ikea meatball consumption...FORGIVE ME.
  • kasebrad
    kasebrad Posts: 61 Member
    First of all, what deficit (lbs/week) did you set it to?

Second, perhaps you're overestimating your energy expenditure? Some of MFP's calories burned estimates aren't exactly accurate. Also, sometimes people accidentally account for exercise twice (they'll set their activity level to active but also log exercise separately).
  • I set the lbs/wk at 1.5/wk...ambitious for sure... 0_o

I've set my level to sedentary too, but no idea...
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Set to 0.5 lbs a week. When I had mine set to 1 lb a week I didn't lose anything for 9 months. Now that I'm eating more calories everything is in sync again and it absolutely does work. People who don't have a lot to lose shouldn't lose more than a pound a week anyway.
  • I will try that! Thanks!