anyone help combat tiredness?

Options
justle
justle Posts: 275 Member
I sleep well but when i exercise in the morning - like today i went out for a nice 4 mile run - I'm totally shattered around 2pm i could actually go to bed right now.

It's the same when i do a workout dvd, i'm fine for an hour or two after the workout then I'm exhausted.

Is there anyway i can try to combat this?
thanks in advance.

Replies

• Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Do you eat before or after your workout? What do you eat? Do you shower after your workout?
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Can you workout in the evening?
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    How many calories per day are you eating? Are you getting enough carbs?

If you're adequately fueled before the workout and eating afterward it's not unusual to feel fatigued but not exhausted. How long have you been running for? It may also be a matter of adaptation, I'll run anywhere from 5 to 10km before breakfast 4 times a week and it's almost become routine. I'm fatigued after my Sunday long runs but they're typically 15km and up but still have the energy for my usual weekend chores around the house etc. (some Sundays an afternoon nap would be nice........)
  • mpjmlmom
    mpjmlmom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had your thyroid tested? It might be low thyroid.
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    oh thanks for the replies.

I can workout in the evening but i never want to, my kids don't go to bed until gone 7 and i work at 10 - by the time 7 comes i'm really not ever in the mood to workout.

When i run in the mornings i normally have a bowl of cereal - either bran flakes, museli or almond cereal with almond milk and a couple of cups of coffee.

I eat about 1500 calories per day and sometimes i'll eat after i workout also but more of a snack than a meal.

I am a fairly new runner, i've done it in the past but never really kept it up. I've let my fitness slip lately too