CHICKEN RECIPES

Options
WOULD ANYONE CARE TO SHARE THERE FAVORITE CHICKEN RECIPE...

Replies

• LovingLife79
    Options
    I like to make blackened chicken. I use boneless skinless chicken thighs. Personally chicken breast are to dry for me. All you need is black pepper, fresh garlic or garlic salt, thyme, rosemary, paprika, cumin and chili powder. Mix all these seasoning in a ziploc, or in a bowl and coat the chicken. Then use some evoo in a pan and cook your chicken. I've sliced the chicken and used it in a salad or as a main dish with veggies and rice, you can even use it in pasta. The chicken has great flavor, I hope you like it!
  • youngmommab
    Options
    I've always LOVED my moms chicken. She stuffs a chicken breast with herby cheese, wraps in bacon and pops in the oven for approx 20 minutes at 200 degrees C.

To make it easier for myself I cut the chicken breast into 3 slices. Spread a bit of herby cheese on one side of one slice (still got the flavour but less of it so less calories!! just enough that you can only see the cheese and not the chicken, then stick the other two pieces of chicken so it's in the middle and wrap it in bacon. Usually takes about 2 pieces of bacon.

Then I just pop it on a baking tray and whack in the oven for 15-20 mins at same temp. Serving it up with some salad :) very filling, flavoursome and slightly posh. Perfect for dinner parties :P x
  • NenaM812
    NenaM812 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Can't go wrong with baked leg quarters! I usually season mine with salt, pepper, garlic, and cajun seasoning. Maybe some rib rub if I have some. Throw a couple in the oven at 400* checking on it every twenty/thirty minutes until it's done. You can even add BBQ sauce to it. It's YUM! Add some steamed veggies to the side and you have a SUPER low cal dinner, that's really filling =)
  • tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Tandoori Chicken

125g fat free natural yoghurt
    2tsp tandoori powder
    1tsp curry powder
    1tsp olive oil
    squeeze lemon juice

mix together and then add:
    2 chicken breasts either whole, sliced, chunks
    coat the chicken completely, leave to marinade for at least 1 hour, the longer the better. Then bake, grill, BBQ!
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Honey Dijon Curry Chicken

Preheat oven to 400.
    Lay 1 lb. (or more) of chicken in a Corningware baking dish.
    For every lb. of chicken add the following to a saucepan and cook at medium heat until blended:
    ¼ stick of Butter
    ¼ cup of Dijon Mustard
    ¼ cup of Honey
    2-3 tblsp. Curry (Yellow, whole preferred)
    ¼ cup of Raisins ( I prefer golden)
    After blended poor over chicken in baking dish.
    Cook for 20 minutes covered with foil. This will make the sauce watery as the chicken juice mixes in.
    Cook for another 30-40 minutes (or until sauce becomes thick, almost a glaze) uncovered, basting 2 or 3 times.
    Serve over Basmati rice with a sweet mango chutney condiment.