Lower Abs and Love Handles

Options
I've been doing crunches, but I'm looking for some exercises to target my lower abs (from having kids) and love handles. I do not have access to a gym, so they would have to things I can do at home. Anyone?

Replies

• mogolo
    mogolo Posts: 30
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz-d97h6ZZw&feature=related

Go to that link its to a video for working "muffin top" if check her videos out she has alot of full ab work outs and obliques. should give you some good ideas for workouts. ^^
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Try workout DVDs. The only way to achieve losing the belly is to do cardio, strength and ab exercises in one workout. I suggest Jillian Michael's workouts, Insanity, or P90X or something similar. All are circuit training which will help in losing fat and building muscle.

If you don't want a DVD workout create your own 25-40 min workout. Walk, run in place, jumping jacks, lift weights, do ab moves, etc. Doing any sort of exercise will help. Just have to get the heart rate up.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    If your goal is to strengthen that area, hanging leg raises and things like that will work. If you just want to "tone/flaten" the area, eat less
  • smilez4you
    smilez4you Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to get rid of this pudge! Any suggestions?
  • mogolo
    Options
    I need to get rid of this pudge! Any suggestions?

Eat healthy and at a deficit, do cardio and strength train.

I did ab focused workouts out back in the day, I ended up with solid abs only problem they were hiding under me "beer belly" :(
    I didnt change my way of eatting or I didnt do any cardio. the ab work outs simply were not enough.
  • WEB3
    WEB3 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    surprised no one has said this yet- "abs are made in the kitchen"
    Eat at a deficit and excercise to lower body fat. You cannot spot train. Lower your body fat percentage and you will lose your pudge.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Bump....checked out the link...Thanks!
  • leightaylor25
    leightaylor25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just had a baby in March and I am also trying to get rid of my lower stomach. This link below has several listed, in addition, two other ones that are not listed are: reverse crunches and pelvic tilts.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/best-lower-ab-workout-lower-abdominal-exercises.html

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • mogolo
    Options
    Bump....checked out the link...Thanks!

YW ;) make sure you look into her other videos she has alot of really nice videos and ideas. I use alot of her workouts into my routine
  • Jessie__86
    Jessie__86 Posts: 71
    Options
    bump!
  • SGRHO23
    SGRHO23 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    bicycle crunches