Eating Back Burned Cals

Options
mstaser
mstaser Posts: 657 Member
I know this topic has been drug out, but a quick question. If I know I will be burning 700 or so cals during an evening exercise, would it be best to eat extra during the day before workout or follow the burn with a small meal?

Replies

• Unwr1tten
    Unwr1tten Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm not thinking 700 calories would be a small meal. That's probably not what you meant. I am thinking it's wise to follow an exercise with the right nutrition. also, I'm thinking it's wise to try to spread that 700 out over the day, maybe even front loading it a little in the morning and then tapering through the day. So if for instance you planned for a 700 calorie evening exercise, you could plan a 200 calorie post exercise meal/shack or whatever and then split the 500 up as 250 extra in the morning, 150 mid day, then 100 late afternoon. followed by the planned 700 calorie exercise and post exercise 200 calorie nutrition. That is if you wanted to consume all 700 calories back. :)
  • LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Options
    Oh look, it's this question again.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat them. If you know your approximate burn, you can eat them earlier in the day. Find what works for you.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    Honestly what I do is if I'm hungry, I eat. Simple as that.

I know, I know.. what kind of woman am I being simplistic. The nerve!
  • mstaser
    Options
    Mainly asking preload or reload. I don't always worry about it, but sometimes depending on my day I feel like I should because I don't want to end the day with negative net cals.
  • mstaser
    Options
    Oh look, it's this question again.

yes, again, I know