Beautiful transformation story - a must see

Options
HonkyTonks
HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
If this story can inspire someone you know, please share it with them!

Arthur Boorman was a disabled veteran of the Gulf War for 15 years, and was told by his doctors that he would never be able to walk on his own, ever again.

He stumbled upon an article about Diamond Dallas Page doing Yoga and decided to give it a try -- he couldn't do traditional, higher impact exercise, so he tried DDP YOGA and sent an email to Dallas telling him his story.

Dallas was so moved by his story, he began emailing and speaking on the phone with Arthur throughout his journey - he encouraged Arthur to keep going and to believe that anything was possible. Even though doctors told him walking would never happen, Arthur was persistent. He fell many times, but kept going.

Arthur was getting stronger rapidly, and he was losing weight at an incredible rate! Because of DDP's specialized workout, he gained tremendous balance and flexibility -- which gave him hope that maybe someday, he'd be able to walk again.

His story is proof, that we cannot place limits on what we are capable of doing, because we often do not know our own potential. Niether Arthur, nor Dallas knew what he would go on to accomplish, but this video speaks for itself. In less than a year, Arthur completely transformed his life. If only he had known what he was capable of, 15 years earlier.

Do not waste any time thinking you are stuck - you can take control over your life, and change it faster than you might think.

Hopefully this story can inspire you to follow your dreams - whatever they may be.
Anything is Possible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448&feature=share

Replies

• HonkyTonks
    Options
    Bump (because it is truly inspirational)
  • denise032
    denise032 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Thanks for sharing!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Great stuff! Thanks for sharing!
  • Valkyriewoman
    Valkyriewoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Awesome video. I posted it to my facebook and will be watching it when I lose motivation.
  • cindygagnon
    cindygagnon Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Bumping - an MFP friend posted the video on her feed this morning. It is SO worth watching ~ Have a beautiful day, and GO ARTHUR!!!!! ( and thanks for your service )
  • HonkyTonks
    Options
    I was fighting back tears when he broke into a run. Made me realise that even though I have been unfit in the past I really could get into great shape
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Truly inspirational that I just posted it on my MFP wall for all my friends to see. Thanks for sharing.
  • LessJos
    LessJos Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I agree very inspiring. Everybody should watch that video.
  • lafl3ur
    lafl3ur Posts: 15
    Options
    I saw this on youtube today and am glad I searched before posting a duplicate post. It is truly an inspirational story and everyone should see this!