Eat More to Lose More Group Week 3

Options
Good morning everyone.

How has the last week been for everyone?

I am very happy to say that in the last 2 weeks eating more has helped me. I got weighed yesterday and am down 3lbs! Finally!! Its a great feeling to have the scale move after not budging for weeks!!

Hope everyone else has had a good week!!

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I'm not part of your group, but it is neat to hear that increasing your calories is working for you. I decided this week to up my calories to 1400, so it's encouraging to hear that it can work. Curiosity question, do you eat your exercise calories or adjust those in any way?
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I'm undecided on that (eating my exercise calories).

After 3 weeks of eating close to or at maintenance, I've not gained any weight (which is good!) and have possibly even lost a pound (scales lie though!). Hopefully, I've reset my metabolism. Now going to try a limited deficit and have started back to the gym, concentrating on max weight training (lifting a few of the most I can handle) and only HIIT cardio.
  • stormieweather
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

I am very happy to say that in the last 2 weeks eating more has helped me. I got weighed yesterday and am down 3lbs! Finally!! Its a great feeling to have the scale move after not budging for weeks!!

Great job, Mystasia! I'm very happy to hear it's finally working for you :)
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hey guys, just read up on this group a bit, can anyone tell me about their experience while eating more and more or less what is ur new cal intake and what are ur exercise cals, how much u have lost, etc. basically just wondering if there really is an improvement?

Thanks guys
  • mystasia
    mystasia Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    hey guys, just read up on this group a bit, can anyone tell me about their experience while eating more and more or less what is ur new cal intake and what are ur exercise cals, how much u have lost, etc. basically just wondering if there really is an improvement?

Thanks guys

Hi,

Well for me during October and most of last year I was eating only around 1000 calories a day with daily exercise. I am now eating 1400-2000 depending on my workouts. I have done this in the last two weeks and thats when I've now lost 3lbs. I didnt loose any when I was eating so few calories. I used quite a few different calorie calcultors that give me a ball park of what I need based on what I do in a day.
  • mystasia
    mystasia Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Great job, Mystasia! I'm very happy to hear it's finally working for you :)

Thank you!! It was such a relief!! :)
  • stormieweather
    Options

Thanks guys

We're just starting out (beginning of wk 3) so it's hard to say how well it's working. What we were doing before wasn't, so trying this now :).

I was one of those really low cal diet people (700-800/day), for 4 years, after the birth of my daughter. Didn't lose anything :noway: . Found MFP and brought my calories up to 1200 (wow, was that hard!). Lost a couple of pounds, then it stopped (for 2 months). Been trying to find that magic number, ever since.

Increased calories to 1400 and nothing. Finally ate at 1900 (maintenance is about 2100) for 3 weeks and have in the last couple of days, dropped back down to 1500 to see if I can lose anything now.

My body just needs to start trusting that I'll keep feeding it, because for years, I haven't...:embarassed:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

Thanks guys

We're just starting out (beginning of wk 3) so it's hard to say how well it's working. What we were doing before wasn't, so trying this now :).

I was one of those really low cal diet people (700-800/day), for 4 years, after the birth of my daughter. Didn't lose anything :noway: . Found MFP and brought my calories up to 1200 (wow, was that hard!). Lost a couple of pounds, then it stopped (for 2 months). Been trying to find that magic number, ever since.

Increased calories to 1400 and nothing. Finally ate at 1900 (maintenance is about 2100) for 3 weeks and have in the last couple of days, dropped back down to 1500 to see if I can lose anything now.

My body just needs to start trusting that I'll keep feeding it, because for years, I haven't...:embarassed:

wow 700-800 a day is definately too little, I'm glad u decided to increase that number. I have been at 1200 for two weeks and seen no changes. The first month went very easily cuz I was adjusting and changing up my diet from horrible to healthy and was doing 1200 cals plus some or all of my exercise cals and I dropped 7lbs in a month. Since then I've tried to stay at 1200 and eat very few of my exercise cals... ugh. I have changed my settings to dropping 1lb/week which lets me eat 1430 cals/ day. So I'm hoping this actually works this time. Got 4 weeks till I go home, if I can lose 5lbs by then, it would be awesome!

Good luck everyone and thnx for sharing. :flowerforyou: