Pudgy and pregnant...the inevitable weight gain

Options
Are there any other pregnant women here who are pregnant and trying to limit the weight gain damage? I'm 5.5 months along and have gained about 10 lb. I started at 233 and although I don't eat the best, I'm not gorging myself either. I have about 1800 calories/day, some healthy, some empty (when baby wants chocolate milk....!). How are YOU doing with your pregnancy? What are your weight worries? Now please don't get me wrong - the health of my child is of course my first priority, and weight gain is honestly at the bottom of my list right now...but it is there, and I'm hoping to find supportive people who understand where my concern is coming from.

And to MFP pregnant friends... Congratulations!!

Replies

• Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    5.5 months and 10 lbs gained seems pretty normal, in fact really good. I always gain about 35ish lbs. during my pregnancies no matter how small or big I started at. I also worked out/walked 3-4 days per week during my pregnancy and ate a pretty good diet for a pregnant woman, the nutritionist thought I did awesome. So it was just the way it is.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Not pregnant now, but 10 lbs is great at 5.5 months. Walking really helped so much, I recovered a whole lot faster after each pregnancy, even though I had c-sections.
  • nikkibello
    nikkibello Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have 2 boys and through both pregnancies I worked out like I usually do except for the last 2 weeks or so just bc I was exhausted! I tried to incorporate good food but allowed myself the cravings. Do the best you can while you're pregnant and crack down once you have the baby. Good luck and congratulations!!!
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I was morbidly obese when I became pregnant, and I was worried about any more weight gain and of course our health. I ate what I wanted but watched my portions and I continued to do walking workouts. This helped me, I gained 15-20 pounds and lost it all after I had her. I would talk to your doc of course. Congrats and good luck to you.
  • lildaisy00
    Options
    Hi, I'm also trying to lose weight before I get pregnant. I'm 30 and my husband and I are trying to get pregnant. I'd like to lose 15-20lbs before. I don't want to put off getting pregnant in case it takes longer then I expected so I hope I can reach my goal or get close to it.