Zumba Exhilerate???

Options
I am a huge fan of Zumba but hate going to the gym because its like 20-30mins from my house.... Is this worth the money??? Has anyone had any success with it??? Is it fun??? Any helpful advice would be great!!! :love:

Replies

• jmwilliams10
    Options
    I could imagine how the actual classes are,I do it at home on my Wii...I love it plus you burn a lot of calories...its awesome
  • girlyathlete21
    girlyathlete21 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Ok I think I am gonna buy it... As long as its fun and I am not gonna be bored!
  • myoung621
    myoung621 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have it on my wii and LOVE it! It makes me really sweat! I like the dance moves and the scoring. The songs make you want to dance. I even get them stuck in my head! I am trying to do Zumba 3 days a week and do a strength training DVD like P90X 2 days a week. Good Luck!
  • tvincent1
    tvincent1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I love Zumba! I bought the first set and really enjoyed it. I had a group of about 8 to 10 women who would do it with me. So when Exhilarate came out I bought it. We were dissapointed to say the least. The steps were harder to keep up with and less latin style dancing. I think the older set is better and more affordable. QVC had a set that came with extra workouts too. Hope this helps.
  • Patmik5
    Patmik5 Posts: 3
    Options
    I do Zumba Wii. It's awesome.
  • girlyathlete21
    Options
    I love Zumba! I bought the first set and really enjoyed it. I had a group of about 8 to 10 women who would do it with me. So when Exhilarate came out I bought it. We were dissapointed to say the least. The steps were harder to keep up with and less latin style dancing. I think the older set is better and more affordable. QVC had a set that came with extra workouts too. Hope this helps.
    What is the original one called??? And are they all for WII or are they work out videos???
  • girlyathlete21
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the tips!! I love zumba too but wasnt sure about buying a home version... But with all your help i def think I am going to!!!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I upgraded to the exhilarate after using the 'Total Body Transformation' set for so long I got sick of the music!

There are 6 DVDs in Exhilarate, though I find myself using only about half of them. The "step-by-step" DVD isn't something I refer to often, I don't generally do the 20 minute 'rush' one, and I sort of think the 'toning' one is a little silly.

I don't feel like I go 'all out' like I do in a live class but it's the next best thing. My calorie burn isn't as high as in a class but still respectable for doing something I actually enjoy.

Sometimes I just hit up youtube for Zumba routines if I feel like freestyling. "lovezumba" is the official zumba channel there.