Fat Old Granny

Options
menletti
menletti Posts: 96 Member
I'm 53 years old and new here. Looking for friends for support and motivation who are (or were) fat old grannies. :wink:

Replies

• kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    FAT ...... OLD ...... GRANNY, MMM YES ALL THREE. IM 65 THIS YEAR HAVE 21 GRANDKIDS AND 2 GREAT GRANDKIDS. AND YES IM FAT.but at the end of the day im Kathy i need to loose weight like everyone here, ok i cant exercise like the youngsters but i do what i can.
  • MaryPhilomena
    MaryPhilomena Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Excuse me !!! I am 60 and a grandma of two with one on the way but no way am I old LOL. I am working on not being fat and feeling quite successful. Good luck on your journey x
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm a 54 grandmother of 2. 3 1/2 years ago, I lost 20 lbs. I started by using beachbody Ten Minute Trainer - 10 minutes a day! and progressed to Chalean Extreme, Insanity & P90X!! I have never been athletic but I really like these programs. We might be getting older, but we don't have to be fat!! :)

friend me if you want encouragement and are serious about living a healthier lifestyle for a more enjoyable life as we age :)
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 year old grandma who's lost the fat and am mainly focused on staying in healthy weight range and eating for good health. I don't have time to comment on everyone's newsfeeds but if you want to watch what I do for food and exercise you're welcome to add me.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    55 with two grandkids, but don't consider myself old and I'm working on the fat part (succeeding also). Very insulting to hear someone in their middle fifties (like me) thanks we are old.
  • Quilterbunny
    Quilterbunny Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi... I'm 74 and granny and great-granny but won't be "old" :) Would be glad to be your friend and encourager. I have 8 grandkids - 4 of which are married and the youngest of the 8 is almost 15. I have 3 great-grands, 2 girls, 5 and 2 1/2, and one boy, 6 months old. I have only lost 11 pounds in 6 months but am still working on it and only have 20 to go!!! :bigsmile:
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Im 41, grandma of 1 mom of 3 and would like to be a motivator if you promise to do the same!!
  • akamatilda
    akamatilda Posts: 19
    Options
    I will be 67 in a few months. I have 3 grandchildren. I am not and never have been athletic and I never thought I'd be fat. Well, I'm down almost 20 lbs since March and stil have 60 to go. Trying to focus on being healthy. It's a day to day struggle. Friend me if you like- we all need support!
  • jang711
    jang711 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    60 year old grandma of six grandkids. I lost 70lbs before joining mfp and have lost an additional 30 since joining mfp. I didn't want to be a fat grandma either. If you want to friend me I would love to lend any support I can.
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    wow well done all of you lovely lady's
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I'm a 53-year-old granny, too! But I'm working very hard to not become a fat one. Right now the granddaughters (almost-2-year-old twins and a 1-year-old) call me "Grandma with the Yellow Hair", which is far preferable to "Fat Grandma"! Feel free to friend me! I love NOTHING more than to talk about grandchildren! (I became THAT woman very quickly!)
  • Patmik5
    Patmik5 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have six kids, two stepkids, five step grandkids. I'm 54 and I guess I too am a Fat Old Granny! What a title. LOL I want to me One Hot Granny. Need support from you too. I'm new here and totally motivated.
  • bostinwench
    Options
    im fat and old...but might be sometime before im a granny...Im also new here so hoping to ba a little slimer for christmas
  • menletti
    menletti Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I think this must be a great place for so many of you to include me in your lives here. One of these days I won't be fat but I imagine my grandkids will always see me as "old".