Yep! :happy:
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You're welcome. :smile:
  • RedSkinFox
    RedSkinFox Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Usually, but sometimes i don't because i'm full. Then i get a scolding from the "Complete Button" nazi (no offense to complete buttons...or Nazis(?)) saying that i'm eating too few calories.
  • littleblonde200
    Options
    I don't eat them all back but i aim to eat at least some of them back. MFP is not accurate with how it works out exercise calories so i tend to 1/2 what it says and aim for that. I need a HRM
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Yes I eat at least 70% of them back :-)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Yes 100% - I use a heart rate monitor so calorie burns are accurate.
  • martin1306
    martin1306 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Earn them, then eat them!
  • Baileys83
    Baileys83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I don't, but I think I am in the minority...
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    You may also eat them and then earn them. The order makes no difference.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Yep!!! 80 to 100 percent of them. I sometimes like to leave a little wiggle room for inaccuracy.
  • spragukr
    spragukr Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I do eat them back, but not all of them because I'm not sure how accurate my calorie burns are. If I knew it was 100% accurate, I would eat them all back! But for now I'm generally eating 50-80% back.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    NO. Why? Exercise is your daily deficit. If you are on a weight loss, why would you give it up?
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yes -- I try to net at least 1200 calories no matter what exercise I do (or don't) do.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    wow, this is a new refreshing topic :indifferent:
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I aim to eat half back, but sometimes end up eating all back, which is fine. I just like to leave a little uneaten in case I overestimated my exercise any.
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Some of them, but I always make sure I have at least a 1200-calorie net.
  • Springer007
    Springer007 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    NO. Why? Exercise is your daily deficit. If you are on a weight loss, why would you give it up?

Exactly! It seems that the people that say "eat them back" complain about not losing weight, and those that take them as a deficit have nice weight loss numbers.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Yes. MFP has already set you up with a deficit to lose weight, and the intention is for you to eat at that specific deficit to lose weight slowly and safely and without a lot of hunger.

Having said that, some of MFP's calculations on calorie burn are accurate, a very few are a tad low depending on your intensity, and some are downright fancifully high. If you perform each cardio exercise at high intensity, it's probably close. But if, for example, you get on an elliptical at low resistance in the "fat burning" zone, cut any estimate MFP gives you in half. MFP assumed you spent most of your time at the top of the "cardio" heart rate range, and calculated accordingly.

So it may be in your best interest to eat about 75% or so of them back until you learn what estimates are close, and what estimates are ridiculous.