Just joined and looking for some good tips!

Hi everyone! I joined about a week ago. I have about 60 pounds to lose to be in the healthy weight range, but what is motivating ME is that I have a bad back and losing weight will mean less back pain. I have a few things working against me, so I can use all of the support and encouragement I can get. If you have had back surgery and have exercise tips, I could really use them! I had surgery in 2008 (lumbar laminectomy) and continue to require periodic steroids, anti-inflamitories, narcotic pain meds, etc...

Replies

• HizGoddess
    HizGoddess Posts: 10 Member
    Hi there!! And welcome to the party :)
    I was reading your post and was curious if your doctor or anyone has talked to you about zero-impact exercises? I ask because I know a lot of people who are working out to Tai Cheng right now. It was specifically created for things like this. My mom is loving it! She has a severed nerve in her lower back and has issues with mobility. And has had 2 knee surgeries (same knee). And she raves about it since she is out gardening from time to time now because she works out to Tai Cheng now. Here is a link to a video for it. Let me know what you think: http://bit.ly/L2lUbj And if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
    I love helping people feel better and I hope you realize that I don't mean for this to sound like a 'sales' post because I promise you it is not!! But after reading what you had posted, I wanted to offer a suggestion.
    Hope you have an amazing day! I look forward to chatting with you later :)