No time to work and exercise

Just wondering who is working at home and taking care of bubs at the same time? I'm doing it and it is a mission to get any work done when he's not sleeping. Plus I have trouble finding time to exercise. Any ideas how to find time to work and exercise?

Replies

• kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    You HAVE to have at least 15 free minutes of your day. Whether that means waking up 15 minutes earlier than you planned, or going to bed 15 minutes later. Do some jumping jacks, jump some rope, hula hoop, anything.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    I did the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred..it's only 20 minutes per day, but will make a huge difference in how you look!!
  • Jones1204
    Jones1204 Posts: 9
    As a mother of two, and a stay-at-home-mom, I understand where you're coming from on the struggle to find time (and the energy) to workout, and unless you're a mother, you just can't understand it.... because yes, there are days when you feel like you can't even carve out 15 min. You're going from the moment you wake up 'til the moment your head hits the pillow. And you especially don't feel like working out on days when your baby hasn't slept a wink all night. :)

With that said, how old is your baby? My son is almost 3 and my daughter is 8 months and there are days when she'll sit happily in her bouncy or saucer and he'll "exercise" with me, and then there are days when I have to do my workout after they're down for the night or if I'm too beat, I'll try to squeeze in some extra workout time the next day. I try to get up before they do some times to get it in, but I usually end up waking up my son (which I want to avoid) or, my daughter wakes up in the middle of my workout and wants to nurse, so I hate having to stop, and then I feel like I have to start over to get the full effect which is a drag. I did a google search for "mother and baby workout" and several options came up. I believe they have some designed for mother's with smaller children, and for older ones as well. So, maybe that is something to look into. If you can include your baby, maybe that would help. Also, I wear a carrier and walk with my daughter some times, and there is an exercise in the database on here that says "walking carrying a 15 lb load." She's around 18 lbs, but I still use it to estimate what I've done. Best of luck to you!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    stick kid in crib = time for you to exercise. doesn't have to be nap time.
    or even a car seat. or a johnny jumpy thingee.
    get a stroller and go for a walk.

i used to strap my kid to my chest when he was super small and walk around the wall. that was a nice ab workout ;D
  • Tashia_HH
    Tashia_HH Posts: 99 Member
    I'm a single mom, I work full time outside of the home, and I coach basketball for a high school. Somehow I find time to work out everyday.
  • sunshine4me
    sunshine4me Posts: 69 Member
    Dance with the Baby!! Start with one song and work from there. Rest when he rests! Congratulations on your healthy Baby!!
  • mamajbanks
    mamajbanks Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you ladies. My baby is 3 months old so I really can't dance with him yet. And mind you I'm working from home and have no support from hubby's family members and my own family is overseas so looking after bubs myself can be challenging. Hubby is full time working. I think the only way is for me to get someone to babysit him for awhile while I work and work out after his feed so he can watch me do silly movements.

Again thank you for your suggestions.
  • mamajbanks
    mamajbanks Posts: 7 Member
    That sounds really interesting. Is this a DVD workout or a weight loss program you're following? There's one on sale in NZ and I want to get it if its good.
  • Jones1204
    Jones1204 Posts: 9
    I personally haven't used one, but have seen them in places like Target, or here is one on amazon called Mom and Baby Fitness:

http://www.amazon.com/Mom-and-Baby-Fitness/dp/B000WNOVCS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340834226&sr=8-1&keywords=mom+and+baby+workout+dvd

There were also a few things about mom/baby exercises on www.parents.com and a few videos about Momm & Me Yoga on youtube. Hope that helps!