5k: NSV

Options
NavyKnightAh13
NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
NSV: ran my first ever 5k on the 23rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Profile picture is from after the race. Came in at 43:03 and finished 10th in my age group. I can't complain!!!!!!!

Replies

• Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    that is wonderful news!!
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Great work!!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    ty!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I was going to come in at an hour...time doesn't pass as fast, but it also beat my trial times of 47-50 minutes :D I really enjoyed myself (met some interesting people) and plan on doing more of them this summer!!!!!!!! I figured my time will improve as i get stronger and my endurance builds up!!!!!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    This is a fab NSV. A 5k is nothing to sneeze at (or in my case wheeze at). And beating your trial times is even better.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • stephieb186
    stephieb186 Posts: 127
    Options
    Thats so awesome!!! Congratulations!!! I would love to do that... Your an inspiration!
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! There was a 5K in my town a few weeks ago and I kind of did my own around my apartment complex to see how long it'd take me to do it and how I felt during & after...I almost died, lol...needless to say, I didn't do the actualy 5k in town that week. Maybe one day I'll be able to do it!! I was so red and breathing hard, people probably would have thought I was going ot pass out! I have started C25K though, I did week 1/day 2 yesterday!!
  • sarahrichards81
    Options
    Congrats. I'm on week 5 of C25K and finding it so hard but am determined to do it and, when I do, I fully intend to shout it from the rooftops too.

WELL DONE!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!