Anybody training for the TOUGH MUDDER Tri-State 2012

Options
Fit_NYC_
Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
Hi all,

I ran the Tough Mudder last year and I didn't beyond the moderate MMA type training I do normally. This year, I dropped 19 lbs. (so far) and wanted to do some "mission specific" training. Any ideas... I live in Brooklyn and work in the city so I don't have access to a muddy obstacle course.

thanks!

Replies

• Foren6chick
    Options
    I'm not training for the Tri-State but I'm doing the Tough Mudder in Popular Bluff, MO in October and I am doing the workouts Tough Mudder has on their website. They are rough it's really hard to get through them! But try those out!

You may have seen this already but take the little quiz and it will give you the workout. http://toughmudder.com/training-prep/
  • stevee71
    stevee71 Posts: 29
    Options
    Did the one in Wintergreen and currently training for the race in Maryland. Trying to drop 40lbs for this race.....my only advice is lots of running and push-up type exercises.....take advantage of climbing stairs!
  • felinasbeads
    felinasbeads Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm running the Tri State. I'm in upstate New York though. Trying to drop below two hundred and at least be able to pull myself over the 6 foot wall without help. I'm also intending on conquering the half pipe which I was not able to do in May. :(