c25k friends- TONIGHT!

Options
I start c25k tonight :)... looking for some friends how are starting this too? or if you already completed it...any tips :) etc.

Replies

• classic_1
    classic_1 Posts: 147
    Options
    2morrow is day 2 for me
  • aashorn
    aashorn Posts: 9
    Options
    I just started this program yesterday. My husband is a triathlon competitor, and he has been trying to get me to do this program for awhile. Made the first day. Just hope that I can stick with it.
  • Just_G
    Just_G Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've started a couple different times, I keep getting derailed but i'm being active. its a great program and I will finish it sometime by yr end!
  • konalove3
    konalove3 Posts: 79
    Options
    im on week 3 day 2. I LOVE IT! just make sure you stick with it and do it 3x times a week! i do it sunday, tuesday, and friday. you'll be very impressed with your progress, im shocked i can run for 3 straight minutes now lol
  • jessik980
    jessik980 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I start week 3 tonight and to be honest I am kinda scared.:noway: I have to run for 3 minutes straight...YIKES!!
  • mamakayy
    mamakayy Posts: 36
    Options
    I just did my first run yesterday, second tomorrow.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I've had it bookmarked for a while but have been putting off getting a stopwatch or HRM to keep track of my intervals cause I'm a bit low on cash. Can anyone suggest a way of tracking it without equipment? I was thinking maybe counting lampposts or something.
  • dcarr67
    dcarr67 Posts: 1,403
    Options
    completed W5D1 today. So far so good. The best advice I have gotten is to slow your pace and go for endurance not speed. That being said, I can only slow down so much and I just feel like I am bouncing. I think everyone has a comfort zone or natural pace to a degree.

Good luck!!!
  • bradybugsmom
    Options
    I started today and had a hard time... I thought my pace was a slow jog, I breathed in through my nose and out my mouth and was still running out of breath. Not sure if I need to slow my pace even more or if I'm just THAT out of shape. I'm going to stick with it though!
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 7! I can now jog for 25 min in a row! Stick with it, you will amaze yourself!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I did week 1 day 1 one day.. Not feeling to bad, so I plan on doing week one day two tomorrow morning.

Forgot to mention.. I have the Simple C25K app for Android.. and it is the best. Beeps when you need to run, beeps when you need to walk and you can listen to your own music.
  • tracyface399
    tracyface399 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 1 day 2 today! I am loving it!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like, I'm on week 6 day 3. I went from barely being able to run for 30 seconds to running for 20 minutes now!! It's a great program. Do it and you will amaze yourself.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I started this morning!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
  • KJanae87
    KJanae87 Posts: 54
    Options
    Just keep with it! Im on week 7, can run 25 minutes now. Im still slow though. Id reccommend not to run too fast, run at a slow manageable pace or you will tire yourself out! Good luck!
  • RenVan
    RenVan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am doing week 3 day 3 tonight (working night shift)
  • emilyinatl
    emilyinatl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start c25k too. **GULP**
  • LyssMaree
    LyssMaree Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just completed Week 3 this morning! When I first saw that 3 minute jog, I was nervous, but it really wasn't as bad as I thought. Week 3 was more about helping with your endurance. Keep it up everyone! It's possible :)

I'm scheduling to run my first 5K in November. I know it's kind of far from now, but I'm a college student and it was the best timing for me!

Happy Running :)
  • lexishea
    lexishea Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 6, and still can't believe I'm really doing it!!! :happy: I'm not breaking any speed limits, and it's not very pretty, but I'm doin' it!!! My husband tells me that now I'm on the program, we can run a 5K together...I told him I still don't see myself doing anything like that, but it would be nice to know that I COULD, if I WANTED to!!! He he he he!!!! You can totally do this!!!!! :smile: :smile: