Newbie to 30-day shred. Advice??

Options
Okay, so I know that there's a lot of posts related to this particular topic, but I would just like to start this issue afresh...
I have the 30-day shred on DVD, and really, I think that I need something different than the reeaally slow paced (personally) weight watchers workout DVD... And I thought, 'well, I already have the 30-day shred...'

I've heard ALOT about it, though I'm just a lil' timid with my lack of fitness to start something so, uh, intense.
I'm thinking of giving it a go at least, and give it a shot tomorrow.

So, who's tried it? Any thoughts/opinions to share? Heck, even advice?

Thanks,
Jess.

x

Replies

• el_dorado
    el_dorado Posts: 1
    Options
    I did the first day just now and I got half way through when I fainted and dry-wretched... i have low blood pressure so i'll say it's because of that (and my apparent lack of fitness). hahahah it wasn't as hard as I was expecting (ignoring the fainting) but still definately a good work-out. Burns around 200 calories depending on your size so definately worth doing/trying! :)
  • maGnes1um
    maGnes1um Posts: 1
    Options
    I am going to try it right now :'( cross your damn fingers!
  • krbates84
    krbates84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I completed Day 7 of Level 2 today and I will tell you it is great so far. It's a little annoying to watch the same thing over and over again, but it really did wonders for jump starting me back into a fitness routine. I've already lost inches all over and 7 lbs in less than 1 month. I feel like it really helped to build my endurance up and get me into the habit of working out daily.
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I find it helps to call Jillian every horrible name I can think of while I do it. ;)
  • Kellylovesricky
    Kellylovesricky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I find it helps to call Jillian every horrible name I can think of while I do it. ;)

Yep..me too. But she definitely gets results. I'm in level 3 now and its a great workout!
  • JerseyGirl30
    Options
    I have a question about this actually... How long can you do this for? I want to start it on July 1st, and I plan to finish in 30 days...but what do I do after the thirty days? Do I stay on the highest level and just keep doing it? Or is there a continuation on a different dvd? Thanks x
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have a question about this actually... How long can you do this for? I want to start it on July 1st, and I plan to finish in 30 days...but what do I do after the thirty days? Do I stay on the highest level and just keep doing it? Or is there a continuation on a different dvd? Thanks x

I know there are other JM DVDs. My plan for now is to start again from day 1, trying to stick to all "Advanced" moves (I could do them on Level 1, except the pushups. Level 2, not so much. Although now I can do the on-your-toes push ups.) And maybe increasing from 3lbs hand weights to 5lbs.
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options

what she said...but i'm also calling myself bad names for getting so overweight to begin with.