Beginner Runner looking for friends

Options
2»

Replies

• julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I've never been a runner, but now I'm on week 8 of C25K and running about 2 miles at a time. I'm slow, but I'm doing it. :) You can add me!
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want. I've been running off and on for like 8 years and I'm still awful at it. Right now I'm just training for the Warrior Dash.

I just did my first Warrior Dash on June 16th!! It was a blast - enjoy!
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me. I have been running for about 1.5 years. I've done several 5ks, 20k and plan to run a half in October.
  • NitroS1988
    NitroS1988 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey there i am useless at running but have taken it up to improve as its vital for most sports! Couch25k is a great program to take and ideally i would like to run a 5k however that is a bit off at the moment! feel free to add me :)
  • andreaz71
    andreaz71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi There, Ive been an on again off again runner since high school. I get bored with running quick! I am back at it though. i currently run 3x a week 4-5miles each time. this is my 3rd week. Please add me!! i use nike to track my progress.
  • 416runner
    416runner Posts: 159
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I worked my way up from absolute beginner, now on my fourth half marathon! :)
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I've been running for about 2 months now. I do a HIIT running/walking on my treadmill for about 3.5 km or 30 - 40 minutes 3 x week so far. I just started doing some weight training on my off days. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • Brim__
    Brim__ Posts: 14
    Options
    I hate running, but recently took it up (about 1 days ago) for days when I run out of daylight (single mom working full time) or when I don't have an hour and a half to bike 20-25 miles.

I was a sprinter in high school (I think that was right before the wheel was invented) so I don't know how to breathe when jogging. I started briskly walking 2 miles around a high school track, then I started jogging one of the straight sides. Now I'm up to walking a half lap, jogging a half lap, for three miles.

I still can't figure out how to breathe properly.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I hate running, but recently took it up (about 1 days ago) for days when I run out of daylight (single mom working full time) or when I don't have an hour and a half to bike 20-25 miles.

I was a sprinter in high school (I think that was right before the wheel was invented) so I don't know how to breathe when jogging. I started briskly walking 2 miles around a high school track, then I started jogging one of the straight sides. Now I'm up to walking a half lap, jogging a half lap, for three miles.

What I do is breath in slowly for about 5 seconds and out for 5 seconds through my nose. I really have to concentrate to do this but it keeps me from feeling so out of breath when my HR is up. Sometimes you have to get your air in through your mouth but try and go back to nose breathing....
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options

Don't think about it. Just breathe.
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... I have been running for about a year and a half and was never a runner. I am running a 15k a week from Sunday and debating on making the jump to a half marathon for the fall.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You can add me, if you like. I am almost done with C25k and I just did my second 5k this weekend (and rocked it, if I do say so myself)! I love new friends :)
  • nbdolen
    nbdolen Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me. I just had a baby in January and have been running when I can. I could use the motivation. :smile:
  • AngieWood611
    AngieWood611 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Going to start the Couch 2 5k today! :D
    Never been a runner, or an athlete. Hoping to change all that.