New member....Need friends and motivation

Options
I'm trying to lose 20 pounds. I have tried all kind of diet plans and workout plans in the past without any success. I'm hoping adding calorie counting will help me reach my goal. But not sure. I've read many success stories here and started believing.

Replies

• malou1985
    malou1985 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I just registered today. I need to lose weight to slow the progression of early onset osteoarthritis. My rheumatologist wants me to consider gastric bypass. My regular dr suggested i try diet exercise and suggested a calorie counter app so here I am! =)
  • spragukr
    spragukr Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a request! I'm trying to lose 15-20 pounds as well. Good luck!
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Counting calories will aid in helping to lose weight, but unless you are eating the right things it may all be for not. You say you have tried all types of diets and exercise programs without any success. What did you do? How long did you try them? I am sure many people will disagree with me, but if you are hoping calorie counting will be the fix I think you will be disappointed. I don't mean to come off as rude, or discouraging, but if you are looking at a long term goal it is all going to come down to WHAT you are putting in your body. Not how much.
  • Antonia2501
    Antonia2501 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This website is amazing for motivation and help. This is the best I have done in a while and I still have a long way to go. So everyone feel free to add me :)
  • tizzie_14
    tizzie_14 Posts: 72
    Options
    Counting calories will aid in helping to lose weight, but unless you are eating the right things it may all be for not. You say you have tried all types of diets and exercise programs without any success. What did you do? How long did you try them? I am sure many people will disagree with me, but if you are hoping calorie counting will be the fix I think you will be disappointed. I don't mean to come off as rude, or discouraging, but if you are looking at a long term goal it is all going to come down to WHAT you are putting in your body. Not how much.

I agree with this. This site is great for awareness. Many people THINK they are eating well. Looking up the nutritional facts on here has been an eye opener. I hope it helps! What exercise programs have you done?
  • crimsonmelonz
    Options
    i'm new here myself and would like to lose 20-30lbs. i look at weight loss as a lifestyle change, not just a diet to follow until the weight is gone. it's all what you make of it.
  • NagG23
    NagG23 Posts: 10
    Options
    Spinning, body weight conditioning, kickboxing, beginner strength...........
  • tizzie_14
    tizzie_14 Posts: 72
    Options
    Honestly, I never stuck to anything until I started Turbofire. I absolutely LOVE it, look forward to it, and it kicks my *kitten* every. single. time. That, on a VERY consistent basis and eating good stuff and tracking it on here have been crucial. I also have a great support system and try to be that for others. You can do this! Friend me if you want. :)
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I have actually lost 20 pounds through counting calories and exercise. It is hard work but the payoff is worth it! I first decided to lose weight when I had hit my highest mark and the doctor told me my cholesterol was over 300 and through exercise and changing my eating I got it down to 167. So it works :-) Good luck!
  • MissStick
    MissStick Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 48 and have been slowly losing weight over the past 14 months. I am now down to the last 10 pounds and boy is it slow going (the middle aged thing maybe). I am upping my workouts and strength training. I want to reach my goal!

I would love to friend a few committed people to help with accountability and encouragement.
  • snoozypoo
    snoozypoo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm newish too, signed up a while ago but only been filling it out properly last 2 days - seem to do 2 days then give up :(
    Struggling tonight though

Whats Turbofire?xx
  • Crystal43s
    Crystal43s Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Counting calories has been the only thing that has worked for me. Well.. that and exercising. Feel free to add me. I am working on losing the 35 lbs I have gained over the last couple years!
  • vegmomma
    vegmomma Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I am also pretty new. I know that counting calories will help me and sometimes it is a pain in the butt, but it definitely helps not to overindulge. You don't want to add that piece of cake or donut to your diary! The people I have met here on MFP have been awesome at keeping me motivated! You look at the posts and see other people working out and say, "I need to go exercise too". And then you go do it and feel so good!
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I concur as well. I never realized just HOW MANY CALORIES I was ingesting with soda until I put it on here. As of last week, no more soda! I love the motivation.
  • dirty_blonde
    dirty_blonde Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just recently became active on MFP. I'm looking to loss close to 20 lbs myself. Send me a friend request if you would like.
  • jwshmoe75
    jwshmoe75 Posts: 119
    Options
    Sent you a request.