No clue how to log exercise

Options
I can't seem to find anything that I search for and have no idea how many calories were burned if I make up my own. I just spent the last 2 hours stripping paint off my old shutter doors. This is not an easy job and just to get one side stripped has taken me about 10 hours total. It's a great upper body workout but I don't know if it would be considered cardio or strength because it's a combination of both. Any suggestions on how I should log it?

Replies

• KStambulic
    KStambulic Posts: 131
    Options
    No one? Maybe I should have put "How do I log 2 hours of stripping" as the topic and that might have gotten a look. :wink:
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to find anything that I search for and have no idea how many calories were burned if I make up my own. I just spent the last 2 hours stripping paint off my old shutter doors. This is not an easy job and just to get one side stripped has taken me about 10 hours total. It's a great upper body workout but I don't know if it would be considered cardio or strength because it's a combination of both. Any suggestions on how I should log it?

try typing in carpentry. It offers up carpentry, general. Then you can put in the minutes.
    Would that work ?
  • 80Ben
    80Ben Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    No one? Maybe I should have put "How do I log 2 hours of stripping" as the topic and that might have gotten a look. :wink:

Yeah I'm sure that would have worked! I would recommend going through the list in the database as opposed to searching by keywords, and find what is the closest. Capentry might work, or shoveling snow. Hope this helps...
  • fitnesspalloser
    fitnesspalloser Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could put it under house cleaning, light exercise.
  • mstclair03
    mstclair03 Posts: 151
    Options
    Maybe you could use a heart rate monitor? That helps me track calories while doing my DVD workouts, and I'm sure you could use it to track calories doing general housework/carpentry, etc.
  • KStambulic
    KStambulic Posts: 131
    Options
    Maybe you could use a heart rate monitor? That helps me track calories while doing my DVD workouts, and I'm sure you could use it to track calories doing general housework/carpentry, etc.

I can't afford to buy a heart rate monitor. :(

This is a lot more strenuous than housework. I tried looking up renovations but never thought of carpentry. Thanks guys! :flowerforyou: I could use that one for all the renos I'm doing around here. Now to find some weights to build up my strength.