Sports Fans

Options
JohnRalfeo
JohnRalfeo Posts: 37 Member
Well since the NBA and NHL seasons are done, and Euro Cup is almost over. All I can do is wait for the best sport, the NFL. (Although this is an Olympic year so bonus) Just curious is there a Steeler Nation on MFP? Who is your favorite team?

Replies

• NewtonCrosby
    NewtonCrosby Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    <---- Steeler Nation right here. Also in my travels amongst the boards I've seen a few ladies supporting the Black & Yellow. Can't wait for football to start up again!! Looks like a lot of good teams are going to be in the mix this coming season, interesting trades, pick-ups, and drafts.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    philadelphia-eagles-logo.jpg
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Carolina Panthers fan here (ok, stop laughing now!), but my Dad is a diehard Steelers fan (and I grew up a Steelers fan), so they still hold a little piece of my heart.....
  • Fman74
    Fman74 Posts: 7
    Options
    New York Giants, NJ Devils, Yankees.

I was born and raised in Los Angeles. What a terrible Stanley Cup it was for me. Like the Dodgers a fair amount.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Football - Carolina Panthers
    Hockey - Carolina Hurricanes and Charlotte Checkers
    NC State for every thing college (Mens and Womens basketball, baseball, football)
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Well since the NBA and NHL seasons are done, and Euro Cup is almost over. All I can do is wait for the best sport, the NFL. (Although this is an Olympic year so bonus) Just curious is there a Steeler Nation on MFP? Who is your favorite team?
    Definitely a Steelers Fan here! Are you from Pittsburgh. I don't know of a Steelers group, but there is a group called Pittsburgh Pride on here.
  • BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options
    I'm a Boston homer.
  • crooks_RN
    crooks_RN Posts: 69
    Options
    Not a pro football fan..........love me some college football! Carolina Gamecock all the way baby!!
  • smkafka
    smkafka Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Packer Fan!!! Love watching the Olympics. Watching the swimming trials as I type!
  • JohnRalfeo
    Options
    Definitely a Steelers Fan here! Are you from Pittsburgh. I don't know of a Steelers group, but there is a group called Pittsburgh Pride on here.
    No not from Pitt but spent some years as a kid livng in North Dakota and became as Steelers diehard. Nice to see there are sports fans on here! This year we get payback on the Ravens and get ring number seven!!
  • willy0524
    willy0524 Posts: 1,897
    Options
    obvious?
  • JohnRalfeo
    Options
    @Sir Newton nice to meet you and good to know! I will be looking for you on here throughout the season.

NC State fans sorry but I'm down with the Burnt Orange so Hook Em!
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    San Diego Super Charger fan here! Love them Bolts!
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options

I'm almost afraid to post this, because I don't want to jinx it, but the hater in me JUST. Can't. Do. It.

WHO-DEY!!!!!!!!
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    *kitten* DA RAIDERS.
  • SwimtotheEnd
    SwimtotheEnd Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Norwood or the Adelaide Crows.

Australian Football. No Helmets no padding and a game more entertaining than the half time show.
  • BananaCat83
    BananaCat83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    STEELERS NATION BABYYYY!!!!!!!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I grew up about 1.5 hours south of Pittsburgh, and have been around for the Steelers since Bradshaw, Stallworth, Swan and Harris.

I have an original Terrible Towel somewhere.

But I was never enamored with the Steelers. I was enamored with the skills of Barry Sanders, and when he was drafted by the Lions, I became a Lions fan... and have been one ever since.
  • Just_G
    Just_G Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    There is only one nation....and that is the Raider Nation!!!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Carolina Panthers fan here (ok, stop laughing now!), but my Dad is a diehard Steelers fan (and I grew up a Steelers fan), so they still hold a little piece of my heart.....

I live in New Orleans but grew up watching the Steelers so I totally get this. Saints fans are crazy fun though, just spend a day in the quarter on a football Sunday!