My First Triathlon!- a true NSV!

Options
jcmartin0313
jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
http://kippermartin.wordpress.com/2012/06/26/my-first-tri/

Story and pictures of my first sprint triathlon. I am hooked and encourage anyone thinking about doing this to just begin!

Replies

• tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! That is so awesome. You are so brave to consider doing that. I can't even imagine competing in anything not to mention a Triathlon. YOU ROCK!
  • kellibean13
    kellibean13 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am a triathlete and I loved your post! Keep on tri-ing!
    (P.S. What training plan did you use? I'm hoping that your post will inspire my husband to try a tri!)
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    That's fab, congratulations!!!
  • jcmartin0313
    Options
    (P.S. What training plan did you use? I'm hoping that your post will inspire my husband to try a tri!)

I do not have a specific plan honestly. Running is my weakness so I focus on that but otherwise I just alternate workouts.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Inspirational!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Do they always go in that order? Running last seems mean lol. I think I'd prefer biking last.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    WOW Congratulations! Even after running a half marathon (which is it's own breed of crazy) I will still consider a triathlon "crazy"! LOL Nicely done!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Do they always go in that order? Running last seems mean lol. I think I'd prefer biking last.

Imagine the Ironman. After all that swimming and several hundred mile bike ride.. then you only have to run......... A MARATHON... that's it.. just a marathon. LOL
  • duhblond
    duhblond Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!!!
    Great job and congratulations :)
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Wow. Inspirational, indeed. Way to go!
  • KBUnleashed
    KBUnleashed Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! How long did you train? I've been thinking about doing a triathlon at the end of August but that might be too soon....

P.S. I just read your entire story and it is so motivational! You ROCK! Congrats again!
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Did my first tri about the same time you did, up in Plainview, TX. It was a wonderful feeling to finish. Went out last weekend and watched the Buffalo Springs 1/2 Ironman. That's my goal for next summer.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    http://kippermartin.wordpress.com/2012/06/26/my-first-tri/

Story and pictures of my first sprint triathlon. I am hooked and encourage anyone thinking about doing this to just begin!

Thank you.
  • pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options

Www.trinewbies.com has training plans for beginner triathletes.
  • pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I read your story. Great job but one comment to make. You are a winner!
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to read this. I have my first triathlon coming up in less than a month and I am absolutely terrified! Congratulations, you must been on top of the world!
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! What a huge accomplishment. A tri is my goal this year if I can just get past the swimming. I love biking, running I am developing a tolerance for, but I basically dog paddle. I am totally intimidared by the swim. I want to read your post later. Again, congrats!!
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!! Congrats!!
  • jcmartin0313
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!